Back to Manchego
  Re: (...)
OMG I did not know that Manchego was sheeps milk cheese! I found a small hunk of this at Trader Joe's this weekend. I tried a small slice. Love the flavor. I waited for a bit to see if I would have a reaction...tried another small slice...so far so good I had a total of 4 small slices with no problems at all. This is so exciting.
  Re: Back to Manchego by DFen911 (OMG I did not know t...)
Wheeeeeee!!!! There may be cheese in your life!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Back to Manchego by Harborwitch (Wheeeeeee!!!! There...)
Congratulations, Denise! That's a good one, too!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Back to Manchego by Gourmet_Mom (Congratulations, Den...)
i love Manchego, Denise! I'm so glad that you're able to enjoy it, too!
  Re: Re: Back to Manchego by karyn (i love Manchego, Den...)
To get you going, Denise -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Manchego - Anne Burrell

15 Medjool pitted dates
1 pound aged Manchego -- cut into 15 blocks
5 slices bacon -- cut into thirds
1/2 cup maple syrup

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Make an incision on one side of each date and insert a block of Manchego. Squeeze the date shut in your hand to secure. Wrap each date with a bacon strip and secure with a toothpick. Place all the dates on a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.

Roast the dates in the oven until the bacon on top is starting to crisp, 5 to 6 minutes. Turn the dates over and cook the other side until the bacon crisps.

Remove the dates from the oven and brush both sides with maple syrup. Return the dates to the oven until they are really crackly and sticky, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 15 bites.

----
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Back to Manchego by cjs (To get you going, De...)
You know, I did something akin to this recipe a couple years ago, only from Denise.

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...=true#Post44444

Sorry Denise, but they didn't really stand out with the gorgonzola, and HELLO! maple syrup with the bacon can't hurt. Oh baby do I love maple syrup and bacon, especially Canadian bacon slices.

Might have to try again with the manchego and syrup. Thanks Jean! No offense Denise!?!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Back to Manchego by DFen911 (OMG I did not know t...)
Quote:

OMG I did not know that Manchego was sheeps milk cheese!

Oh, yes! My favourite cheese!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Back to Manchego by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Oh none taken Barbara! Everyone's tastes are different. When we get back from vacation we're going back to the cheese store in LA. I am going to set up a cheese tasting of only sheep's milk cheese. Here's hoping!