Almost there!
  Re: (...)
We're about 68 miles from "home" to be. Whooooooeeeeee! I can't wait to put the levelers down and relax.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Almost there! by Harborwitch (We're about 68 miles...)
Thank goodness! I'll feel much better when I know you're set up though. What a trip!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Almost there! by Gourmet_Mom (Thank goodness! I'l...)
That's wonderful. Hope you love your new home. Have you been taking any pics?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Almost there! by Mare749 (That's wonderful. H...)
The adventure continues.... photos!
  Re: Re: Almost there! by Mare749 (That's wonderful. H...)
Quote:

That's wonderful. Hope you love your new home. Have you been taking any pics?

Not a lot. There is so much reflection on the windows of the RV that it makes it hard and we don't stop unless it's food, fuel, or draining the dogs. I loved the van you could take great pictures while rolling along.

30 miles!!! Check in, get parked and level - the a double bourbon!
  Re: Re: Almost there! by Harborwitch ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Welcome home, Sharon!! Now, it's time to relax, work and explore. (and taste)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Almost there! by cjs (Welcome home, Sharon...)
Thank you Jean! We are looking out at the most beautiful view of farmlands, mountains, and crystal clear blue skies. It's windy as #e!! and the d@mn mud flaps on the coach rattled all night!

Today we check in, get our permanent spot, and find out when we get to start work. We have to go to town and do some shopping too.

Life begins anew!
  Re: Re: Almost there! by Harborwitch (Thank you Jean! We ...)
Wind will be a problem in the area, but - I think eastern Washington created tumbling, tumbling tumbleweeds!!! But, as a native (as you are), I don't think there is a more beautiful state!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Almost there! by cjs (Wind will be a probl...)
How exciting, Sharon! I can't wait to see some pics and hear all about your new home!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Almost there! by cjs (Wind will be a probl...)
Jean you are sooooooo right.

We are in our permanent spot now and the view is even better because we're higher. This RV resort is amazingly beautiful.

We met the owner and the kitchen manager a little bit ago. She's really nice. The workcampers have a separate area so it's like a little community area - this will be fun! They aren't starting us today there's too much going on - I cannot believe it, it's blowing so hard it feels like we're on a rocking boat - and it's a cold wind, and there are fools out there playing golf!!! WTH Tanya told us that it only blows like this when there's a storm over on your side of the mountains.

It just feels so good to be here! We're going to do some minor set up stuff and then cruise into Moses Lake and see what's there and pick up a few things.