Chef Apprentice Scholarships
  Re: (...)
Just read thru the finalist for the scholarship that Chef4Students and Reluctant Gourmet are giving out next month - I think this batch was the hardest to choose between, what a wonderful group of young (and not so young ) cooks.

The cooking world is in wonderful hands if this group is a guage of the up and coming. Congratulations to them all.

You can keep up on them by going to Dave Nelson's Chefs4Students site

www.chefs4students.org
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships by cjs (Just read thru the f...)
Jean, you missed the s...here's the site:

Chefs4Students

But Jean, have this year's students been selected? I don't see it, if it's there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, you missed the...)
We're just voting now. and what a group they are!!

Thanks Daphne for straightening me out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships by cjs (We're just voting no...)
Okay...I get it! I'll be watching to learn more about them! What an exciting opportunity!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships by Gourmet_Mom (Okay...I get it! I'...)
Do they have to write papers along with doing a cooking demo? What is the criteria?

I would love to read their papers if that is permissible. What a wonderful organization to be part of!
  Re: Re: Chef Apprentice Scholarships by DFen911 (Do they have to writ...)
No, no hands on testing. They have to be enrolled in a culinary program and have a certain GPA (I think), and a couple other requirements. Not sure what all the criteria is. Chefs4Students gives $1,000.oo scholarships.

I was lucky enough to present a couple of them, one to a gal at Greystone in Napa (that Share a Recipe cookbook had raised the money for!!! ) and one to an apprentice going to Le Cordon Bleu in Las Vegas. What fun they both were.
www.achefsjourney.com