What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm on the fence, don't know for sure yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Both a friend of mine and I are making this tonight. Not much could go wrong here, could it? I'll make some black beans too.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/p...lsa-357391
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by Trixxee (Both a friend of min...)
That looks good, Trixxee! We have the annual Farm Leader dinner to attend tonight. It's a big deal for the Ag community - which is huge here - and actually kind of fun. Hubby had been the MC for many years, now he just gives out the scholarship to the HS student. The Ag radio personality took over MCing - he's much more entertaining!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by Trixxee (Both a friend of min...)
That sounds good too Trixee!!!

Today is clean out the fridge - clean "house" and stow everything that needs to be stowed, all yesterday's laundry put away, and get a bunch of paperwork taken care of. I also want to get the short ribs and veggies in the crock pot liner and ready to go in in the am.

Dinner will be simple - asparagus and maybe chicken.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by Harborwitch (That sounds good too...)
Safe travels, Sharon. Keep us posted on your adventures!

Tonight will be venison roast cooked in the sauce from Lorraine's short rib recipe. Perfection. Oh, and mashed potatoes to go with. Not sure of the veggie yet, maybe carrots.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by Mare749 (Safe travels, Sharon...)
Maryann, you continue to tease me with that...LOL! I STILL haven't tried that one! Beef ribs around here are rare, and when I DO see them, they're practically meatless. ONE OF THESE DAYS!

After whining about needing to do better, I decided it was time to take action. We're having chef salad for dinner with a simple vinaigrette. It's not perfect considering the chunk of ham I got at the deli and the bacon I'm going to fry, but it's a start. No starch!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, you continu...)
I am sick in bed. I have gotten some kind of crud. I felt pretty good last night and decided to make salmon today, but alas, I am not well.

When my hubby made his ususal call to see if I needed anything from the store, I let him know that HE would be making Wild Alaskan Salmon. I think I should have him take a picture to show off his culinary masterpiece.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by luvnit (I am sick in bed. I ...)
I hope you feel better soon, Laura. I've got my own case of the crud, but I'm fighting it. Taking Alleve regularly seems to be helping.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by Gourmet_Mom (I hope you feel bett...)
Daphne I hope you will be feeling better soon too. I went to the store and bought the new Advil. That seems to help a little. I had a coupon, but I wanted to try the Alleve. Maybe next crud?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/29?? by luvnit (Daphne I hope you wi...)
I can't compare, since I haven't had both, but the Advil is working really well. It seems to be keeping it out of my chest....so far.
Daphne