What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone?

We ate at the Silver City Brewery yesterday, so will have leftovers from Bill's B'day dinner today.

Speaking of the brewery, I had a beer yesterday that I really enjoyed, Panther Lake Porter, drank the whole glass (which doesn't happen often).
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Brew pubs are fun! We are getting a new one in town soon called Destihl.

Hubby requested steak dinner tonight, so that's what we're having.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by HomeCulinarian (Brew pubs are fun! W...)
Still haven't made that Thai Chicken Salad. Come hell or highwater we're having for either lunch or dinner today.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by Trixxee (Still haven't made t...)
I'm baking bread today, so that will accompany some leftover pork stew for a mid-afternoon lunch/dinner. We have a play tonight and usually stop for a snack afterwards.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
No idea. Two sick kids, and Steve is out of town. Guess that is better than three sick kids. Maybe leftover chicken tortilla soup.

I do want to try a recipe I saw on Foodnetwork today. Coconut Bark. Just sweetened coconut and sweetened condensed milk. Mixed together and baked. The problem is, I am the only one who likes coconut.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by esgunn (No idea. Two sick k...)
You know what...I have been struggling to figure out what I wanted for dinner. I think you just helped me out, Erin. The pollen is so thick in the air, I'm surprised I can breathe at all. This morning, Cricket went out for about an hour and came back in coated in a greenish powder. It would have been funny if my head didn't hurt so much.

Off to figure out which soup recipe sounds good. Thanks for the soup idea, Erin. Good luck with the kids. I hope everyone feels better soon.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by Gourmet_Mom (You know what...I ha...)
Sorry about the kids Erin. We were looking forward to saying bye to the great grands today, but they're sick and Alexis doesn't want to take them out in the cr@ppy weather.

Daphne I know how you feel. I just got over a major sinus infection caused by allergies. Misery. A nice hot soup sounds wonderful! Hmmmmmmm, maybe that's dinner tonight too.

I'm hoping there's nothing in Eastern Washington that I'm allergic to!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by Harborwitch (Sorry about the kids...)
I feel for you both, I have a head cold. Bummer. Just got a whole chicken at Sam's. I want to grill it. Also got some haricot verts and asparagus. I am going to lay down and nap first.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by luvnit (I feel for you both,...)
Thank goodness! I finally got to the store and picked up some Alleve! The headache is gone and nose is mostly just drippy...for now. All this is a cycle and will return again tomorrow. But at least now I have something to fight with.

Dinner plans have changed. Although the weather if perfect for soup, I changed my mind when I did a search for soup in MC. While I still want some Tomato Soup and a side of crunchy oven baked chicken tenders, William convinced me it had been too long since we've had an OLD family favorite.

Jean, you're going to LOVE this....we're having Granny Warren's Hamburger Pie! I still can't believe you had this recipe, too. I searched for years, but all the recipes I came up with were TOTALLY different. Most had cheese, etc. Anyway, that's what's for dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Sat. 3/26? by Gourmet_Mom (Thank goodness! I f...)
@Erin so sorry about the kids being sick I think the soup is a great idea!

@Daphne lol this will make no sense whatsoever but when I read your menu had changed I was instantly inspired to make bloody mary's

@Laura I hope your head cold clears enough for grilling. I can't stand not being able to grill when I want to and we do it a lot.

As for me, fish taco's