What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20?
  Re: (...)
Happy first day of Spring...FINALLY, huh? and, I did cut my first lettuce for a salad last night, I'm repeating myself.

What's on the menu for you all?

I played with Rye and Beer pizza dough yesterday and today we'll have corned beef pizza. signed anxious!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by cjs (Happy first day of S...)
The first day of spring looks like the first day of winter here! Dark, gloomy and windy.

Tonight I'll make the japanese pork fried cutlets (using pork tenderloin slices), stir fried cabbage and steamed rice. Can't wait!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by Trixxee (The first day of spr...)
Well we took a nice walk, there is still plenty of snow around. We had no plan for dinner when we started out, by time we got home we decided to make Shrimp Sushi Parfait. It was excellent!!!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by farnfam (Well we took a nice ...)
Jean, that's what we're having! William is VERY anxious!

I'm also making a small Italian Pizza so I'll be sure to have lunch for tomorrow. I'm afraid William will eat most of the Corned Beef Pizza. He's excited about the new dough. Last time I made it, I didn't search out the rye flour to make the Beer and Rye Pizza Dough. I've got it this time, though!

The Beer and Rye Pizza Dough tasted FANTASTIC! William LOVED his pizza. He worked really hard to save room for the Italian, but I'm afraid he's overdone it....WAY too much Corned Beef Pizza...LOL! Now I'm having to listen to moaning.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that's what we...)
We went to Francois' for dinner last night. He made his infamous Asparagus Veloute. Judy made a wonderful Chinese chicken salad. All was very good. I think I may have to have the food safety talk with Francois - the soup needed to be kept warmer.

For dessert we made the Stout Floats. Those were a split decision.

Too much of the "drizzle" for just 4 floats. Now I'm not sure what to do with what's left. We used really good Dark Chocolate and the best Vanilla ice creams I could find. We split the two pints of ice cream and 2 beers between 4 of us, with whipped cream and chopped chocolate.

The sweet, bitter, soft, fizzy, creamy, crunchy textures were amazing. Bob and I'll have these again, in smaller glasses for sure.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by Harborwitch (We went to Francois'...)
We had ribs and salad. Wasn't really hungry though since we spent the day making venison jerky.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by Mare749 (We had ribs and sala...)
Oh Daphne, I'm so glad William liked it!

Sharn, I think I'd be on the fence with those floats, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by cjs (Oh Daphne, I'm so gl...)
I made two kinds of chili and had our Sunday dinner friends and neice and her family to watch our team in the NCAA tournament. Chilis were from the CAH slow cooker book - chicken with tomatillos and chorizo. Chilis were great, but our team lost.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by HomeCulinarian (I made two kinds of ...)
BTW, I forgot that I took pictures!

[Image: DSC05902.jpg]

[Image: DSC05899.jpg]

[Image: DSC05904.jpg]

[Image: DSC05910.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 3/20? by Gourmet_Mom (BTW, I forgot that I...)
I want your pizza!!!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!