Bravery, Perseverance, Faith
  Re: (...)
Ths is not the forum for this, these times are different. The Japanese are suffering quite bravely, without complaints, and showing a great example--NO LOOTING. Earthquake (9.0), Sunami, Nuclear disaster--still perservering--may the blessings of heaven and whoever they worship give them peace--my heart and prayers are with them. An example of how people should act--my humble adoration.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Bravery, Perseverance, Faith by Old Bay (Ths is not the forum...)
Thank you, Bill. You said this so beautifully that I can't think of anything more to add, except that I share your thoughts and continue to keep these people in my own thoughts and prayers.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Bravery, Perseverance, Faith by Mare749 (Thank you, Bill. Yo...)
I am so in awe of those folks. I'm still having trouble wraping my mind around all the devastation. Diane Sawyer was talking to a woman holding her toddler, and in the midst of all this, the baby giggled with a big grin and looked so beautiful, it just broke my heart.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bravery, Perseverance, Faith by Old Bay (Ths is not the forum...)
Thank you Bill for expressing so beautifully what I'm sure we all think. All of the devastation from this has just been mind blowing and across such a wide swath. You have to so totally admire a people that reacts with calm, grace, humility, and humanity. Perhaps there is much we can learn from them?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Bravery, Perseverance, Faith by Harborwitch (Thank you Bill for e...)
Bill so well said. A couple of days ago I posted similar feelings on my facebook. I am so impressed with their fortitude. These people have impressed the world I do believe.
  Re: Re: Bravery, Perseverance, Faith by DFen911 (Bill so well said. A...)
A few years ago, I had attended a class in Japanese that had been taught, for free, by a Japanese nurse who was here with the Red Cross. Since it has now been a while since she went back home, I sent her an email to see if she was okay and how things were going.

She lives and works in Hiroshima, more than 500 miles away from the devastation, and she is fine but even there she had felt some of the earthquake.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Bravery, Perseverance, Faith by labradors (A few years ago, I h...)
Well said, Bill. It's interesting you mention how well these people are handling this.

"Perhaps there is much we can learn from them?" Just last night, William made a similar comment and compared the way they were handling this disaster with the victims of Katrina. I'll say no more.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Bravery, Perseverance, Faith by labradors (A few years ago, I h...)
Quote:

A few years ago, I had attended a class in Japanese that had been taught, for free, by a Japanese nurse who was here with the Red Cross. Since it has now been a while since she went back home, I sent her an email to see if she was okay and how things were going.

She lives and works in Hiroshima, more than 500 miles away from the devastation, and she is fine but even there she had felt some of the earthquake.

This gives us some idea of the magnitude of this earthquake.
Even so, it's beyond comprehension.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."