What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I'm cooking for my aunt today - Mac & Cheese, meatloaf, and corn & lima beans, so we'll have some of the overage...not real healthy, but...
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Thinking about a grilled chicken pesto avocado sandwich on ciabatta. Had one the other day at a little deli type place and it was really good.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by Trixxee (Thinking about a gri...)
I'm roasting a couple of small chickens. We'll have part of one for tonight's dinner with mashers and peas. I'll take the remainder off the bone and save it for a couple of recipes later this week. The Goop will also be saved for pizzas over the weekend.

Speaking of the pizzas, Jean, did you say you added a little poultry seasoning? I guess I could go check the recipe. If you didn't, it's a thought. I saw it somewhere. I think that would be a good sub for the herbs in the original dough....that is, if you didn't do that already.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm roasting a coupl...)
I think Steve is going to grill Beer can chickens. Eithere asparagus, brussel sprouts or broccoli on the side.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by esgunn (I think Steve is goi...)
I wish I was Jean's aunt. I could go for mac and cheese. Have been overwhelmed lately and today was "one of those days" so there are frozen burritos heating up in the oven and some beer to wash it down.

Why does it always take me two weeks to adjust to a one hour time change? sigh.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by chef_Tab (I wish I was Jean's ...)
They're workin' you hard, huh, Theresa?? Poor babe.

Talk about an artery clotting wonderful old fashioned Sunday dinner (on a Tuesday) Roy was a happy camper, that's for sure.

Daphne, I didn't add poultry seasoning.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by cjs (They're workin' you ...)
The new job is picking up, but working weekends at the winery, AND doing all the home chores is starting to take a toll. After this month, my hours at the winery should go down a bit and give me at least one day off a week.

By the way, Jean, I made the Irish Soda bread and whiskey butter you posted on one of the St Patty's day threads and both are ridiculously delicious!
Theresa

Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by chef_Tab (The new job is picki...)
Geez, Theresa! I had no idea you were continuing with the winery gig! You must be body AND brain dead every evening! I don't know how you're holding out!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by Gourmet_Mom (Geez, Theresa! I ha...)
Oh, I'm so glad you like both! That whiskey butter is really decadent.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday, 3/15? by cjs (Oh, I'm so glad you ...)
oh geez, I had a bit of the whiskey butter left and just melted it over popcorn........omg!
Theresa