What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I read one of the reviews for the grilled halibut I wanted to have yesterday that marinating it for 24 hours was much better, so it has been marinating. We loved C@H Coconut rice with the mango and cilantro so much yesterday, we're having it again today. Just ignore, all you sweet/savory dislikers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Had been considering the Emeril salmon but got side tracked about pretzels and decided to do a pre-St Patty's type thing.
So now pretzel dough is rising to be served as an appy with beer and mustard. For the entree, stuffed cabbage rolls (but with a brown sugar type sauce instead of tomato).....oh, and more beer
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by farnfam (Had been considering...)
We sure enjoyed our pretzels, mustard and beer yesterday - someone's whining for more pretzels.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by cjs (We sure enjoyed our ...)
I'm going for that really simple five-spice plum chicken, jasmine rice and a salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by Trixxee (I'm going for that r...)
I'm making the Catfish Piccata! I can't wait! We'll have polenta and a simple salad for sides....quick and easy. Good thing. I've got a meeting and won't get back home until after 7, probably. William will be gnawing the furniture by the time I get home.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm making the Catfi...)
Chili Prawns, rice, and salad with a sesame soy dressing.

We sold the sailboat today - a little sad, a lot happy!!!
Appetizers: a bottle of Cava, wheat thins, and Cypress Grove Chevre - Truffle Tremor. OMG Don't really get the truffle - but the Chevre is to die for.

Small celebration!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by Harborwitch (Chili Prawns, rice, ...)
Congratulations on the sale, Sharon! I know it must have been more than a little sad, but in today's economy, you gotta do whatcha gotta do.
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by Gourmet_Mom (Congratulations on t...)
Whew, one less hurdle.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by cjs (Whew, one less hurdl...)
The buyers drove all the way up from San Bernadino. They called today, made it home with the boat at midnight - on a trailer. Very nice family and we're so happy that the boat has a good home. I think they'll take very very good care of her.

Now we don't have to pay slip fees or worry about her. Did I mention that the folks who bought her have 5 Pugs - they brought 2 of them.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Monday, 3/1 4?? by Harborwitch (The buyers drove all...)
AWWWW! What a perfect match. She definitely found a really good home. The pugs were the icing on the cake....too cute!
Daphne