Sunday, 3/13 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I have a large piece of halibut, so I'll make Grilled Halibut in Sweet Chili Thai Sauce or Halibut Tacos - don't know which one first.The tacos have a Chipotle cream sauce and sound so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday, 3/13 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Stuffed shells and meatballs.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Sunday, 3/13 - What's for Dinner? by BarbaraS (Stuffed shells and m...)
I'm trying the Wood Poached Salmon with chipotle and hominy hummus from Issue 86.
  Re: Re: Sunday, 3/13 - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (I'm trying the Wood ...)
Hmmm, this caught my eye and is calling me....maybe with some buttery brussel sprouts??

http://www.evilshenanigans.com/2011/01/g...ese-grits/
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday, 3/13 - What's for Dinner? by farnfam (Hmmm, this caught my...)
I haven't done shrimp and grits for the longest time.

We went with the halibut tacos for dinner and I pulled out an old C@H idea for the rice side dish - Issue #62, April '07, for coconut Mango Rice. Wow, is this a tasty dish. I think we'll have it again with the grilled halibut tomorrow. Just add 1/2 cup mango, 2 T. chopped cilantro and lime juice to a couple cups of cooked rice. I had coconut rice in the freezer, so it was really good together.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday, 3/13 - What's for Dinner? by farnfam (Hmmm, this caught my...)
After having a rich dinner last night, followed by a big lunch, we've decided to have hot dogs. Although, on the way home I was promised fried catfish. Unfortunately, Jody (the employee and dog sitter) didn't catch any fish. I was picturing a platter full of crispy fried catfish on the way home. Now it's hot dogs? Really?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday, 3/13 - What's for Dinner? by Gourmet_Mom (After having a rich ...)
I have no idea. I'm thinking a salad, a big beautiful salad and some whole grain crostini with blue cheese butter.

Last night was a major rich meal, we had a late breakfast, and bloody mary's so I think light and simple.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!