Kitchen appliance help
  Re: (...)
Before I get lost in cyberworld, I've decided to ask for you help. BB just called. He works for a builder for some high end home owners. Today, a homeowner gave him the appliances from his kitchen which he just had remodeled. Andrew is hoping to sell the stuff, but we have NO idea what to ask for it. It is all built in stuff, two years old, black in color, and used very little. (It's from a summer home.) He's hoping to sell it as a set but will advertise willingness for bids on individual items. Is this the smart thing to do? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Here's the list.

Thermador downdraft 5 burner gas stovetop (barely used and looks new)
Thermador Oven (used twice)
Whirlpool dishwasher (looks new)
GE microwave (looks new)

Thanks in advance!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Kitchen appliance help by Gourmet_Mom (Before I get lost in...)
Well, Roy just surprised me with wanting to down the hill for Mexican, but I asked him if he'd look at this thread tomorrow a.m. and give his opinion on pricing. So, first thing he'll come on and add to whatever info you receive tonight.

Andrew can't use it in his place???
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Kitchen appliance help by cjs (Well, Roy just surpr...)
No, he's in a rental. AND he could use the money. Setting up a new household with no credit is killing him. Not to mention, he's having some problems with his truck. It's sweet...he's not asked for any help. He's even mentioned borrowing the money from his boss (who would be willing) and have his wages garnished to take care of his expenses. He even took back some purchases for his new place for cash to come home. He even gave up on satellite and even a TV period....without a whimper. I'm so proud of him.

Thanks, Jean. I've already warned him that it will be Sunday before I'll give him info. While the cooktop sells new for 1200-1600 bucks...without the downdraft system....my hangup is how much you reduce the price for something slightly used. AND what's the best way to market this...yard sale, EBay, Craig's List, local paper....?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Kitchen appliance help by Gourmet_Mom (No, he's in a rental...)
Whoaaaa...! Thermador is a pretty solid name in the cooking world. Maybe not as "glamorous" as Wolf or Viking, but solid, nonetheless. I would look up similar models on eBay and see what's for sale there. I've never dealt with CraigsList but eBay seems to have better consumer protection checks in place for seller as wellas buyer.

If you have a major appliance store in your area they may buy it off your hands, too.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.