Checking in - is everyone okay on both coasts!
  Re: (...)
Floods and snow storms on the East Coast - Tsunami warnings on the West coast -are we all okay?????
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Checking in - is everyone okay on both coasts! by Harborwitch (Floods and snow stor...)
Okay down here. Just heard that one port in southern Oregon sustained damage as some boats sank and some were washed out to sea. Otherwise, the tsunami seems to have spared most area.

Still praying for the people in Japan, where the earthquake and tsunami caused a lot of loss.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Checking in - is everyone okay on both coasts! by labradors (Okay down here. Jus...)
We're praying here also. I haven't seen anything since morning, so I'm about to put the news on.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Checking in - is everyone okay on both coasts! by Harborwitch (Floods and snow stor...)
Quote:

Floods and snow storms on the East Coast - Tsunami warnings on the West coast -are we all okay?????

Are YOU okay? From mailing you the SS gift, I know that you're "coastal", but perhaps further south than those places affected. How about Jean?

I listen to NPR all day and am stunned at all of the devastation in Japan (as described on their newscasts). I saw some of the early pictures this morning on one of those news shows as I was getting the tv set up to play my yoga dvd and had a hard time turning it off. Wow. And that was before the 13' tsunami wave...

In almost 30 years here, I have never seen such water accumulation in our yard. There are streams running everywhere, and one landscaped area is in standing water (hope it doesn't hurt the peonies). We do have some seepage into the basement, but it's minor. Yesterday there were such dire storm warnings that we canceled a trip to the lake house, but because the "storm tracked further north than expected" (don't you love weather forecasters?!?!?) we recieved less than an inch.

We all should have a job where it's expected that you will be mostly wrong!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Checking in - is everyone okay on both coasts! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Well, we're about 1 mile from the Delaware River and although it's above normal levels, there's no danger of flooding the houses along the immediate banks. Lots of flotsam and jetsom coming down. Whole trees and such.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Checking in - is everyone okay on both coasts! by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Karyn my ex used to say the weatherman was 90% right, 10% of the time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!