What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We have the cutest young couple who moved to the neighborhood 4 or 5 months ago (and she just found out she's pregnant - first baby! Yippeee, a little one in the neighborhood) who are doing some remodeling in the house. Because we are so old and we have redone so many houses, they want us to come over tonight and help them with ideas. So, I'm taking some bruschetta toppings with us to test. Will be our dinner, I'm sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
That sounds like a fun evening, Jean.

I'm helping at church tonight, then we'll have spaghetti when we get home. We still have quite a bit of marinara from last summer's tomato crop to use up.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by HomeCulinarian (That sounds like a f...)
We're having a seafood penne pasta tonight with a mixed green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by Mare749 (We're having a seafo...)
Jean, I wished you lived around here! I've been overwhelmed picking out everything for our kitchen remodel. Fortunately I only have the hardware and lighting left. Demolition begins next week.

We're having a spicy beef and veggie stir fry with brown rice for dinner tonight.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by karyn (Jean, I wished you l...)
Plans have changed....We can't go to the Japanese place, so we're going to Hieronymous instead. I've mentioned this place before...the guys who own it, own their own fishing boat fleet. YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by Gourmet_Mom (Plans have changed.....)
"the guys who own it, own their own fishing boat fleet." - can't get much fresher than that! I miss when we don't see Capt. Jay very often - he always brings fish.

Oh Karyn, next few weeks/month(s) will be hectic for you, but oh so worth it. Good luck!! And, take pictures.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by cjs ("the guys who own it...)
Spent the day cooking big batches of soup and spaghetti sauce for James to use while I'm on "grandma duty" Could be anytime now
For dinner I made some crab cakes (using fake crab) corn on cob and brussel sprouts. Simple but satisfying
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by farnfam (Spent the day cookin...)
I couldn't help it...I got crab legs. But everybody else at the table got fried oysters or both fried shrimp and oysters. I've got pictures of everybody and the plates. I'll post them tomorrow. I took the day off to spend with Baby Boy!
Daphne
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by farnfam (Spent the day cookin...)
Snacks! Jean what a wonderful evening that will be! Everyone's dinner plans sound so good. We had a big lunch - late so no big dinner tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed. 3/9? by Harborwitch (Snacks! Jean what a...)
Sadly, my plate pics didn't turn out very well. Nothing special really, just some crab legs or fried oysters, mashers, and asparagus on a plate. But the best picture of the night DID turn out.

[Image: DSC05852.jpg]

From left to right: William (who was impatient and hungry), Jason (BF and cook extrodinaire), Ashley (BG, Jason's Sous Chef), Andrew (BB), and Mom. I'm blaming William's impatience on the plate pictures not turning out...and that's the truth...LOL!
Daphne