Buffalo Chicken Risotto Review, Issue #86
  Re: (...)
I made it exactly as the recipe said. And even though I am still thinking of grilling the chicken rather than poaching it (or using rotisserie) it is fine just as written. It's been a long time since I've made a risotto - forgot that it's a great workout!

This was truly a wonderful dish. It was spicy - but the blue cheese cut that and with the creamyness of the risotto made it totally indulgent. We sorta just sat here and went "WOW" "WOW" it's a huge 15 on a scale of 1 - 10!!!

We'll have this again and again.

I was originally going to make the Romaine Salad with Creamy Lemon Dressing. It didn't happen, we had steamed whole green beans with browned butter & toasted almonds. Perfet with the risotto - fresh green and crunchy bits.

This is right up there with buffalo chicken mac & cheese!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Buffalo Chicken Risotto Review, Issue #86 by Harborwitch (I made it exactly as...)
Sharon, is this from the new issue? If so, if you're in the time 'zone' would you reflect in the title that this is a review from Issue #__ (for posteriety)

Don't know where my copy has gotten to - maybe sailed to Roxanne.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Buffalo Chicken Risotto by cjs (Sharon, is this from...)
OHHH! I can't wait to make this one! I've got everything to make it...I guess. I wouldn't know for sure, since my copy hasn't appeared yet either. I didn't stop at the PO today. Hopefully it's in there. If so, that'll be dinner tomorrow!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Buffalo Chicken Risotto by Gourmet_Mom (OHHH! I can't wait ...)
Well, mine finally came today. Lot later than normal.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Buffalo Chicken Risotto by cjs (Sharon, is this from...)
Sorry Jean - Buffalo Chicken Risotto is from Issue 86 and is on page 29.

Daphne if I get time tomorrow I'll try to type it in if you haven't gotten your issue.

Been busy with getting ready to roll today, tomorrow, and on and on and on.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Buffalo Chicken Risotto by Harborwitch (Sorry Jean - Buffalo...)
Wait until Thursday, Sharon. I'll post tomorrow night if I get it. I just remembered, Baby Boy is coming to town for the first time since summer! We're going to take him out to eat in the city with Mom and Baby Girl! So I won't be able to make it until Thursday anyway.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Buffalo Chicken Risotto by Gourmet_Mom (Wait until Thursday,...)
We had the Buffalo Chicken Risotto tonight. I liked it, but for me it wasn't memorable. DS was home because he had an interview in town and liked it a lot. DH isn't a fan of buffalo chicken wings, and was hoping for baked ziti, so he didn't finish his. DS made the request for the change in meal plans.

Overall, we'd give it about a 6 or 7. I'd do it over going out if I had everything on hand, but won't make it a part of a weekly plan when I go back to teaching next year.
  Re: Re: Buffalo Chicken Risotto by karyn (We had the Buffalo C...)
This was very good....but very rich. I will do it again and would give it a 10, but I'll be sure I have GOOD homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. But due to the rich flavors, it won't be a regular....but a great idea for leftover chicken.

BTW, Sharon, the heat was up there, but not so far out that I'd change it. I was most worried that it was another spicy dish after a REALLY spicy dish last night.
Daphne