Shrimp Stuffed Poblanos, or . . . .???
  Re: (...)
I adapted this from a BH & G Mexican Special Interest Publication.

I halved the filling and used it to stuff two beautiful poblano chilies. I also think that this could make a fantastic dip if everything was chopped and put into the sauce.

1/2 lb fresh or frozen shrimp, peeled, rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs butter
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 medium red pepper chopped
1/2 c. corn kernels
1 oz dry white wine (we didn't have any, I used Clamato)
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
salt & pepper to taste
2 large or 3 med roasted poblano peppers, peeled & seeded.

In a large skillet, heat oil & butter over med. high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until soft. Add shrimp, red pepper, corn, wine, and chili powder. Cook and stir until shrimp are opaque. Transfer to a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Stir in cheese, egg, and salt & pepper.

Cilantro Cream Sauce

1/4 c. butter
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
3 1/2 tsp flour
1/4 c. whipping cream
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
Salt & Pepper to taste

Melt butter in a saucepan. Add garlic and cook over med. heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add flour and stir until smooth. Add whipping cream and milk. Cook, stirring until thick and bubbly. Cook for another minute and add chopped cilantro and salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 400. Coat a baking dish with butter or cooking spray.

Divide filling between peppers, wrapping the peppers up around the filling, and place in baking dish. Pour Cilantro cream sauce over peppers, sprinkle with additional grated cheese (if desired) and bake until bubbly. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.

This was so good.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Shrimp Stuffed Poblanos, or . . . .??? by Harborwitch (I adapted this from ...)
Yum, that does sound tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Shrimp Stuffed Poblanos, or . . . .??? by cjs (Yum, that does sound...)
Quote:

Yum, that does sound tasty.

Y-hello! Right up our alley!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Shrimp Stuffed Poblanos, or . . . .??? by luvnit ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
The original recipe called for Hatch or Anaheim chilies but we had 2 beautiful huge poblanos.

I couldn't eat all of mine last night, today I mixed it with about 3/4 c of jarred salsa, some chunks of cheese, and some diced avocado. We scarfed that down with some chips for lunch!!!! Yum.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Shrimp Stuffed Poblanos, or . . . .??? by Harborwitch (The original recipe ...)
This sound really good, Sharon!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.