Asparagus Soup
  Re: (...)
I needed to use a bunch of Asparagus, about one pound. Sooooooo-----
break the aspargus stems--save the tops--boil hard stems in 6C water with a carrot, small onion, and crushed garlic until everthing is soft and broth is soft green. Strain, reserving broth.

Remaining asparagus tops, chopped.
one med Idaho potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
one small onion chopped
handfull of fresh baby spinich
one T Worcesterchire sauce
one T Crystal or other La hot sauce
salt & Pepper to taste
cayenne pepper to taste

Boil potato and onion in broth until tender, add asparagus, cook until tender, add salt and pepper, worcesterchire sauce, crystal, & cayenne to taste. Add spinach and blanche--Turn off heat and blend carefully with immursable blender, or use conventional blender after cooling. You can add cream before serving (over heat) if you like it more creamy--I call this "Saving Asparagus Soup"!!! The spinach keeps it green.

P.S. If butter is your thing--melt a pat of butter in the soup and swerle it in when serving --delicious!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Asparagus Soup by Old Bay (I needed to use a bu...)
Oh do I ever wish I had the ingredients to make this! Sounds very delicious, Bill. Thank you for sharing, it is going to be made within the next week for sure.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Asparagus Soup by chef_Tab (Oh do I ever wish I ...)
OH MY! This sounds FABULOUS! I LOVE ASPARAGUS! I think this will have to be made VERY soon! I'm going to pick up some asparagus when I go to Southport Sunday.

That reminds me, I need to put together my meal plan tomorrow. I've failed for weeks, but now that William FINALLY brought the new printer he got for the camp home, I feel more motivated to get back with it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Asparagus Soup by Gourmet_Mom (OH MY! This sounds ...)
Sounds good, Bill - I love asparagus soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Asparagus Soup by cjs (Sounds good, Bill - ...)
I love asparagus and have been meaning to grow some for years. Bill, do you have an asparagus patch? You must to have an abundance of aspargus. You soup sounds really great. I must save the recipe and give it a try.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura