A Healthy(or ier) Dessert
  Re: (...)
I'll be good this time and not post a decadent 'should not' eat dessert. This one is from Weight Watchers and it's really delicious. Heads up Maryann and Lorraine!

Wendy's No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars

3/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter (I used my chunky, full fat)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
3 T. light stick butter (again, uh, uh)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups crispy rice cereal
2 cups wheat Bran Buds (don't know what the 'buds' are, I used plain ole Bran flakes)

Spray a 9X13" b. pan with spray. Combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, honey and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the vanilla. Add the cereals; stir well to coat.

Spoon the mixture into the b. pan, gently pressing down to form an even layer. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, at least an hour. cut into 24 bars.

----

The flavor was really good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: A Healthy(or ier) Dessert by cjs (I'll be good this ti...)
Quote:

2 cups wheat Bran Buds (don't know what the 'buds' are, ...

"All Bran."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: A Healthy Dessert by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
"2 cups wheat Bran Buds (don't know what the 'buds' are, ..." There's a brand that calls them that, but I can't remember what they are right now.

These sound really good. I may have to make these tomorrow to put in my lunch box next week. I bet they'd be even better with a little of my bittersweet ganache (from tonight's dessert) drizzled over!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: A Healthy Dessert by Gourmet_Mom ("2 cups wheat Bran B...)
We'll have to go from 'Healthy' to 'Healthier' to 'well, maybe a little better' bars.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Healthy Dessert by cjs (We'll have to go fro...)
Just remember: "Broken cookies don't have any calories, due to caloric leakage."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: A Healthy(or ier) Dessert by cjs (I'll be good this ti...)
grape nuts?????

Well at least there's bran in them.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: A Healthy(or ier) Dessert by Harborwitch (grape nuts?????[br][...)
[Image: All_Bran_Buds.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: A Healthy(or ier) Dessert by luvnit ( [img]http://upload....)
O.k. I have the cheap version - Albertson's Bran Flakes, but I guess just about anything would work - these are good.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: A Healthy(or ier) Dessert by cjs (O.k. I have the chea...)
These sound good, Jean. I don't like bran buds, but do like bran flakes, so I'll use that. And, I never buy light butter, but this might work with 1/2 butter and 1/2 apple sauce. As for the peanut butter, well, I'll just have to use regular 'ol full-fat.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: A Healthy(or ier) Dessert by Mare749 (These sound good, Je...)
Oh, please let us know how the butter/applesauce works - that would be interesting.
www.achefsjourney.com