Book on Sauces - Recommendation
  Re: (...)
I have a lot of reference books on sauces that are constantly on my work area and I find I need them almost as much as The Flavor Bible when deciding what goes with what.

Just thought I'd pass along the book that has quickly become my go to book for inspiration. Grace Parisi is a cooking editor for Food & Wine and over the years I've found if her name is on a recipe, I automatically want to make it.

Her book, Get Saucy, is the best for sauce ideas I've ever read - not classics per se, but just flavorful, imaginative ideas for saucing just about anything.

Included is a section "Sauce Index by Suggested Use" showing which sauces will compliment what foods, a great way to get kick started.

edited to reflect that cjs can not read...maybe she was thinking of another version of 'sauced'
"Get Saucy" Grace Parisi - you won't be sorry, well, Sharon might be 'cause it's a thick book and where will she put it?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by cjs (I have a lot of refe...)
Jean, when I did an Amazon search, the only thing I came up with is a book called "Get Saucy, Make Dinner a New Way...". Is this the one your talking about? There's also a Volume 2.

And Sharon, it's available in Kindle format, also. I can't remember if yours is a Kindle or not...hope so...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, when I did an ...)
well, duh!! Please see that moderator edited the above error...

That's it!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by cjs (well, duh!! Please s...)
LOL! The other title was intriguing, though! Brought to mind a totally different thing...but not food...LOL!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! The other titl...)
Uhm - we have a list of 3 or 4 cookbooks we wanted to add, (actually there was one more - but it's over $400!! ) I just don't know. Whaaaaaaaaw!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! The other titl...)
Get Sauced could be a new book, by Jean, about alcoholic pizzas.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by labradors ([i]Get Sauced[/i] co...)
Sorry, Jean. I guess I should have left that one alone....just thought it was a funny title.

Labs, go to your room!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by Gourmet_Mom (Sorry, Jean. I gues...)
LMAO!! I heard N-O-T-H-I-N-G!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by Harborwitch (LMAO!! I heard N-O-...)
That's what I thought when I went back to edit it.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Book on Sauces - Recommendation by cjs (I have a lot of refe...)
Quote:

edited to reflect that cjs can not read...maybe she was thinking of another version of 'sauced'

Or are you?

ROFL Rob love the cookbook idea

I use a book called Sauces - Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making by James Peterson.