What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight? We know Daphne's having her birthday dinner (have a great one)

It's supposed to snow today - watch out everyone, this is supposed to be a big one and it'll be headed for you all soon.

I have two chicken recipes to cook that have a plum sauce and I can't figure out which I like better, so I'm doing them at the same time and test. Probably have some rice to go with them.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Taking the kids to their favorite restaurant... Olive Garden!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're going to do a Buffalo chicken chili that I found somewhere. It looks good, goes in the crockpot so that'll be nice.

They're talking about snow in San Francisco Friday! This oughta be fun.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by Harborwitch (We're going to do a ...)
I think it will be a pot roast in the crock pot.

No snow here yet Jean. They say maybe this afternoon for us. It is sunny and windy -and COLD right now.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by esgunn (I think it will be a...)
We're having enchiladas, with a side of rice and a small mexican type salad. (lettuce,tomato, green onion, topped with salsa, avocado, and a bit of sour cream.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by Mare749 (We're having enchila...)
There was some nice pork in the supermarket, today; also some nice peppers, so I decided to make "Pepper Steak," but with pork, instead of beef.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by labradors (There was some nice ...)
Last time any measurable snow in S.F. was in 1976 - Roy had to leave on a business trip at 6 a.m. to the airport and I spent the morning taking pictures of the snow-in San Jose. It was gorgeous.

enchiladas, sound good. Don't think of them often.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by cjs (Last time any measur...)
It's cold enough for snow here today, but we're hoping we don't get any.

This is monthly book club dinner night for me - the hostess doesn't cook much so we're meeting at a restaurant. Book for the month is March by Geraldine Brooks.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by HomeCulinarian (It's cold enough for...)
"March by Geraldine Brooks." - You're doing it again, Jeannette, I'm off to look at this book.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed., 2/23? by cjs ("March by Geraldine ...)
Jean - March is the story of Mr. March - the Little Women's father and what he might have been doing while he was away from his family. Brooks is a great writer and it is an interesting peek into the Civil War times. I liked it.