New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek
  Re: (...)
I was just wondering when the new issue was going to get here. So I went online and got this:

[Image: cover-115x147.jpg]

Already that cake looks real good. I can barely read much of the cover. But I am already getting excited!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by luvnit (I was just wondering...)
That's funny, I pulled the current issue out for something last night and thought it was about time for a new one.

By the way, all the talk of contacting Brian, I forgot to mention that I specifically emailed him to let him know how everyone was so impressed with this issue (#85). He thanked us all and said he would pass the 'kind words' along to everyone.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by cjs (That's funny, I pull...)
I had the same thought - isn't it about time?????

This last issue is dog eared, spotted, and messed up. Man!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by Harborwitch (I had the same thoug...)
Oh, boy! I guess I'll have to continue stalking the post office! I've been stopping by regularly this month on the off chance I got a notification from Taste of Home...LOL! If someone out there gets Taste of Home or knows somebody who does, I'd love to know who won the Teacher Recipe Contest and what the recipes were. I checked the March issue and it's not in there, so I'm thinking it must be in the February issue.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, boy! I guess I'...)
Oh, I didn't realize that contest was for Taste of Home, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by cjs (Oh, I didn't realize...)
Well, it's here! I barely got a chance to look at it last night. I will browse through it again this morning. I am excited to make some spring foods. We are still cleaning out the pantry though. It will be hard to keep doing that knowing that new recipes are close at hand.
Laura
  Re: Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by luvnit (Well, it's here! I ...)
I'm with you on wanting Spring food, Laura - and also with you in cleaning out freezers! We're going to Costco today, but we made a pact!!! NO MEAT!! Wine, maybe.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by luvnit (I was just wondering...)
Got mine today. I'm interested in making has browns from scratch. I tried a long, long time ago and they came out awful. I'll have to read up on their technique.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by BarbaraS (Got mine today. I'm...)
Barbara, if you have the opportunity (and the secret ingredient), be sure to try hash browns fried in duck fat. It is simply amazing.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: New Issue April 2011 - Sneak Peek by cjs (I'm with you on want...)
Quote:

NO MEAT!! Wine, maybe.

Wine is not cleaning out the fridge. It is a MUST! Leftovers are better with wine!
Laura