What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11
  Re: (...)
I like the numerals in today's date.... So, what's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Tonight for us is the last night for leftovers for a while - a Salisbury type beef dish over noodle. (I don't want to use up all my 'Giada's Raviolis'! Tomorrow, I can start having fun in the kitchen again.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by cjs (I like the numerals ...)
Quick and easy spaghetti - sauce from summer tomatoes and leftover Italian sausages. We have tickets to the final in the series on Shostakovich by the Pacifica Quartet tonight. Hoping we can eat before the concert.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by HomeCulinarian (Quick and easy spagh...)
Meatball sandwiches, and probably a salad.

That Chinese Orange-BBQ Cashew Chicken is definitely going on menu this week, as well as that chicken-sundried tomato clafouti I posted yesterday. A friend of mine already made it last night and they really enjoyed it.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by Trixxee (Meatball sandwiches,...)
Not a clue. I'm helping out at the church, and will be there most of the afternoon. I'm hoping he cooks fish.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by HomeCulinarian (Quick and easy spagh...)
Quote:

We have tickets to the final in the series on Shostakovich by the Pacifica Quartet tonight.

Cool! Now I'm jealous. There's so little of that available here. Most of the time, the only culture I get is when I go to the store and buy yogurt.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
geez, that's bad, labs. I'm with you, Jeannette has access to the greatest offerings.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by cjs (geez, that's bad, la...)
I know...Jeannette's great outings and elegant family dinner parties always sound so exciting!

Tonight is the Chinese Orange-Barbecue Cashew Chicken. I'm going to serve mine with rice and stir fried bok choy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by Gourmet_Mom (I know...Jeannette's...)
I am a lucky girl and really do like my life! Living in a small town with a major university has certain advantages. It's not for everyone, but it works for us...
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by HomeCulinarian (I am a lucky girl an...)
Sorry I've been absent so much recently! It's been a crazy few weeks. Kiddos were in an accident (not their fault, but insurance companies and car rentals for people under 25 are a pain), John ran a fever for a few days after his day of fun, and the kitchen people want decisions NOW. I'm ready to go back to the classroom so that this stuff isn't all my responsibility!

We're having grilled chicken sandwiches with caramelized onions and my (much spicier) version of pimento cheese. I ordered a similar sandwich this weekend in Blue Ridge, GA, and it was a really bland disappointment. I just had to see if I could do better.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Tuesday 2/22/11 by karyn (Sorry I've been abse...)
Well, better days ahead for you and family, I hope, Karyn! You were missed - glad you're back on board.

Ooops, forgot to add my 'clean the frig' tip of the day. I had a bit (~1 cup) of l/o rice mixed with peas left from yesterday, not enough for the two of us with the faux salisbury steak and gravy, so..... I cooked of a few ounces of noodles and mixed with the rice/peas AND drizzled a little truffle oil and sprinkled a little truffle salt over it all and tossed. OH MY. What a nice dish. We were both scarfing down the noodle 'mix' without the gravy and we are two who will walk a mile to have gravy on something.
www.achefsjourney.com