What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21??
  Re: (...)
Can you believe February is almost no more???? What's on everyone's menu??

Leftovers here, no excitement.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by cjs (Can you believe Febr...)
Going to use some of my jersey tomatoes to make up a big batch of sauce and meatballs. I've been craving a meatball sandwich.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by Trixxee (Going to use some of...)
I should not look for recipe ideas while starving. Now I want this. It'll have to wait a couple of days I guess.

http://noblepig.com/2011/02/21/chicken-s...outis.aspx
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by Trixxee (I should not look fo...)
Oh my, Trixxee - copied and drooled over.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by cjs (Can you believe Febr...)
I am so excited for dinner tonight! My wonderful ice-fishing neighbor has called and he has caught a mess of fish! I had promised him that the next time he called with fish I would make fish tacos. He had never heard of them! He is in for a real treat.

I am making Fish Tacos with Honey-Cumin Cilantro Slaw and Chipotle Mayo . I hope I get some photos!

Here is the recipe (I got it from Allrecipes and it has a 4.5 star rating with 213 reviews)

1 pound tilapia fillets, cut into chunks
1/2 cup fresh lime juice

1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 chipotle chilies in adobo sauce
1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle
peppers 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1/3 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups panko crumbs
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 cup vegetable oil for frying

2 cups 3 color coleslaw blend
1 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
8 (7 inch) flour tortillas, warmed

Directions:
1. Place the tilapia chunks in a flat dish and pour 1/2 cup lime juice over the fish. Cover, and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
2. Meanwhile, make the honey-cumin sauce by whisking together 1/3 cup lime juice, honey, vegetable oil, and ground cumin a small bowl. Set aside until needed.
3. To make the chipotle mayonnaise dressing, place the mayonnaise, chilies, adobo sauce, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and cayenne pepper together in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until smooth. Cover, and refrigerate until needed.
4. To bread the fish, place the flour, eggs, and panko crumbs in three separate shallow dishes. Season the fish with salt and pepper to taste. Dip the fish pieces first in the four, coating evenly, and shaking off any excess. Dip next in the eggs, and last in the panko crumbs, patting the pieces to help the breadcrumbs hold. Set the fish aside on a plate.
5. To cook the breaded fish, pour 1 cup vegetable oil into a skillet to 1/4 inch deep. Heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) over medium heat. Cook the fish, turning until all sides are golden brown, and flesh is easily flaked with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Brush the fish with the honey-cumin sauce.
6. Mix the coleslaw and cilantro together in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup of the chipotle mayonnaise dressing, and pour the remaining dressing over the coleslaw mixture. Toss to coat evenly with the dressing.

[Image: 275944.jpg]
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by luvnit (I am so excited for ...)
I hope you do too!! I've not made your version, when you get time would you post the recipe?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by cjs (I hope you do too!! ...)
Brisket left overs here But darnit now I want fish tacos! Laura get some pics of his haul and let us know how he likes the fish tacos.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by DFen911 (Brisket left overs h...)
thanks Laura!! Love fish tacos.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by cjs (thanks Laura!! Love ...)
Oh, I want pics of the catch and his reaction, also!

Well, I'm heading to the kitchen to finally make up my Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli with a light mushroom sauce. I'm going to do a mixed green salad tossed with a light vinaigrette, truffle buttered chicken, MAYBE a drizzle of truffle oil and finished with truffle salt.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner Monday, 2/21?? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh, I want pics of t...)
Whoever has the brain, would you help me with this? This ravioli recipe calls for SIX egg roll wrappers. Then in the directions it says: "Each filled wrapper will yield 4 raviolis, giving you a total of 12 ravioli."

Now, I haven't taught math in a couple of years, but I still THINK 4 times 6 equals 24. RIGHT?

Okay, I started to delete this, but I know how curious I get when people do that. Hey, I'm a willing to laugh at myself....lord knows I have a lot of experience at it.

YES, the recipe DOES call for 6 egg rolls, BUT there's one on top and one on bottom. I didn't account for that...DUH!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.