Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday?
  Re: (...)
OOOOps! what's on everyone's menu today??

I'm going to play with some beef (with my truffles) and some more of Giada's raviolis...not sure what I'm going to do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by cjs (OOOOps! what's on ev...)
I'm roasting a chicken with truffle butter. I'm going to throw some potatoes in with the bird just because it doesn't seem right not to have something in there to soak up some those yummy drippings. Giada's Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli and a salad will be the other sides.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm roasting a chick...)
Well, we had some Bloody Mary's, watching NASCAR, food is fading away as a priority. Molto Manicotti was on the menu... we shall see.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by luvnit (Well, we had some Bl...)
Oh, oh, Laura's drinkin' away her Sunday......

Daphne, we're having those raviolis also - I froze more that half of what I made, so we have a good supply. Love those little devils!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by cjs (Oh, oh, Laura's drin...)
I made chicken enchiladas.......sort of. I had trouble getting the corn tortillas to cooperate so I layered it all more like a lasagna. It tasted the same and I was lucky to get a small piece for my lunch tomorrow. Boy, this weekend sure flew.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by chef_Tab (I made chicken enchi...)
Shoot, I wasn't able to make the ravioli, because the stupid store was out of spinach. But I WILL make them tomorrow. I've just got to figure out what to make with them. It seemed like the perfect match with the truffle butter chicken.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by Gourmet_Mom (Shoot, I wasn't able...)
The brisket is in the smoker and just put in the poppers about 2 hours ago

After my day yesterday I have so many things running thru my brain
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by Gourmet_Mom (Shoot, I wasn't able...)
Quote:

Shoot, I wasn't able to make the ravioli, because the stupid store was out of spinach.

Use escarole, instead. That's more authentic, anyway (same in the wedding soup).
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Labs, think about it. They didn't have frozen spinach. Do you really think they're going to have escarole? They had fresh spinach, but I had NO idea how to calculate 10 oz. frozen from fresh. I decided I'd wait for tomorrow and go to another store.

BTW, dinner was WONDERFUL! The potatoes cooked under the chicken roasting in the drippings and truffle butter were unbelievable. And the chicken was unbelievable.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Almost Forgot!! What's for Dinner, 2/20, Sunday? by Gourmet_Mom (Labs, think about it...)
Ah. Didn't know it called for frozen.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?