Yo! Maryann!
  Re: (...)
I saw an ad for a new show on Cooking Channel tonight called Luke Nguyen's Vietnam. And I thought...HMMMMM? I wonder? So I did a search on the recipe page of his site and found this: Lemongrass Chile Chicken Cooked in Young Coconut Juice

I thought you may want to check it out. It could be.....
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Yo! Maryann! by Gourmet_Mom (I saw an ad for a ne...)
Jean, have you checked out the shows on the site now? Tyler, Michael, and Sara are back in addition to old Julia reruns being on there.
Daphne
  Re: Yo! Maryann! by Gourmet_Mom (I saw an ad for a ne...)
Jean doesn't get this channel

We love that show! Bob is just transfixed - he loved Thailand and that area. That chicken looks soooooo good. It's such a cool channel, and funny that Food Network is starting to develop some new shows, although they could loose the cupcake competition. JMHO - boring.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Yo! Maryann! by Harborwitch (Jean doesn't get thi...)
William HATES Cupcake Wars! I know she doesn't get the channel, but I was thinking she may be interested in checking out the shows to access the recipes. So far, I'm kinda disappointed in the recipes I'm finding on Michael's show. Although, there is a recipe for a Spoon Fed Bloody Mary recipe....YUM!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Yo! Maryann! by Gourmet_Mom (William HATES Cupcak...)
Okay - I have to check that out - anything with "bloody mary" in the title is on my list.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Yo! Maryann! by Harborwitch (Okay - I have to che...)
I'll save you the trouble of searching. I still had that one open. Here you go: Spoon-Fed Bloody Mary with Grilled Lemon Skewers
Daphne
  Re: Re: Yo! Maryann! by Gourmet_Mom (I'll save you the tr...)
I know I am derailing this for Maryann, but...

Have you all seen the previews for the Chopped All Stars. I am looking forward to it. When they are grading some of these guys I think - I'd like to see you out there and see what you come up with, or how they would do under fire. I like the show. Always interesting to see what some of these chefs come up with. But I think they were starting to get some chefs/cooks without the experience they were looking for.

And I don't get the cooking channel. I have to survive with just food network. My kids love watching chopped and iron chef.

Chopped All Stars
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: Yo! Maryann! by esgunn (I know I am derailin...)
"I know I am derailing this for Maryann, but..." Too late! I think I derailed it after the first post...LOL! But at least she'll see the recipe I wanted her to look at. I'm thinking the thread should be renamed TV recipes or Cooking Channel recipes.

Erin, I agree. Regarding Chopped, I think they were running out of chefs, too. Although, they haven't tried Denise, yet!!!!! I think she could do it! I know I'd like to see her try!

But on to the new spin off. I have seen the ads and look forward to it. I agree with you. They sit there and talk about how the chefs could have been more creative in this way and that....AFTER they've sampled the creation the chef has presented to them. I'm thinking..."Could you have done better?" I guess we'll see now!

Erin, you may want to visit the Cooking Channel website. Most of the shows post some, if not all, their recipes from the show.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Yo! Maryann! by Gourmet_Mom ("I know I am deraili...)
Thanks Daphne!!! I think you might be right. This could be "the one." Now, if only we could duplicate that rice...

I'll be trying this real soon, probably this week in fact, so I'll let you know how it turns out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Yo! Maryann! by Mare749 (Thanks Daphne!!! I ...)
Let me know! I got to thinking about the ingredients. If it works, I'm wondering if some of the ingredients wouldn't work for the rice. We'll talk.
Daphne