What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight?

We're having the other 'tasting' from my aunt's care pkg. Cheese-filled meatloaf and mashed cauliflower and a salad.
Roy's getting a treat for our dinner 'snack' - I had some egg roll wrappers left from Giada's (NOT Ina's ) raviolis for Valentine's day, and I found a recipe for "Mader's Reuben Rolls" - from Mader's German Restaurant in Milwaukee, that are filled with 1,000 Isl., Dusseldorf mustard, onion, flavors, corned beef, Swiss cheese and sauerkraut. He will be in pig heaven.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by cjs (What's on the menu ...)
The rolls sound great! I have a chicken marinating in herbes de provence and garlic, so I will roast it when we get back from the winery. He made coleslaw out of everything in the vegetable bin, including julienned snap peas, that turned out to be the best he has ever made. Need to find some sugar free desserts to satisfy his sweet craving.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by Lorraine (The rolls sound grea...)
I'm leaning towards pork tenderloin with vanilla cider sauce and pears. Maybe mashed potatoes and asparagus as sides. I can put some decent effort into dinner as ther will be no homework due to the four day weekend.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by Trixxee (I'm leaning towards ...)
Those Reuben Rolls sound heavenly! I love anything with sauerkraut. Can't wait to hear how they turn out. Pork tenderloin sounds good, too. I don't know why I've never done one myself. I know I've tabbed a few recipes. Maybe it will go on the "to cook" list.

But as for tonight..The store cafe where D works had a bunch of lobster bisque leftover so he got to take some home. He offered to add some mushrooms and onions and turn it into a pasta dish. Yes, please. And we've still got some of my favorite fresh spinach..fresh, local, very tender..that's in season right now so we'll have that in it or on the side. Maybe a spinach salad.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by cheesemonger (Those Reuben Rolls s...)
Oh geez, to have access to these kinds of leftovers.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by cjs (Oh geez, to have acc...)
I know, right?! When he told me, I looked at him like he was speaking a foreign language.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by cheesemonger (I know, right?! When...)
I bought too many tomatillos for the Chile Verde last week and need to use them up. Going to make the Roasted Tomatillo salsa from the Bayless book and then use it to make a chicken and asparagus recipe also in that book. And, rice as a side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by HomeCulinarian (I bought too many to...)
This is our "clean out the fridge" night. There's enough stuffed shells for dinner actually, but I'm going to pull out everything else and either toss it or eat it...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by Gourmet_Mom (This is our "clean o...)
I have no clue. Last night we tried a new recipe and it was awful. I didn't have everything for the salisbury steaks so faked that with pizza burgers. Not so good.

Today it has stormed so much that the motorhome is like an island! Bob has to go in and get some propane - maybe I'll have him bring me a surprise basket???? No inspiration at all! I want to go to Lorraine's for dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 2/17?? by Harborwitch (I have no clue. Las...)
Chicken Terriyaki in the crock pot - rice in the rice cooker. I will stirfry some vegetables right before serving.

Doing laundry, trying to pack, and kids have gym tonight. We are off tomorrow morning to portland for the boys to compete tomorrow night. Back home Saturday evening.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.