Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15??
  Re: (...)
Back to reality and regular food - what's on the menu for everyone?

I have half a recipe of that wonderful Skate casserole left that I froze, we're having that. It was so good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by cjs (Back to reality and ...)
My husband's down with a sinus infection and just feeling lousy so I'm changing my plans around and making some good old fashioned chicken noodle soup.

It's finally gray in S. California so it'll be perfect.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by Trixxee (My husband's down wi...)
Good ol' Spicy Sausage & Cauliflower soup. We haven't had it in sooooo long, and it sounds good for a stormy night.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by Harborwitch (Good ol' Spicy Sausa...)
Sharon, I made a Cornish game hen with some truffle butter under the skin to split with my aunt today. Yum, this is good - had to steal a little piece.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by cjs (Sharon, I made a Co...)
OMG! That sounds wonderful!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by Harborwitch (OMG! That sounds wo...)
Great idea, Jean! Could I use the rest of my truffle butter on a chicken? I've got close to a quarter cup.

Dinner tonight is stuffed shells with a spinach salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by Gourmet_Mom (Great idea, Jean! C...)
Oh yes, Daphne, it smells great while they are roasting and as I was nibbling. I loosened the skin on the breast and the legs and stuck in slices to melt and run into the crevices. To keep it a littler healthier, I just sprayed the top side of the hen (spatchlocked - is that it? why do I have such a time with this?) with cooking spray before roasting.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by cjs (Oh yes, Daphne, it s...)
"spatchlocked" Yes, I think that's it. Thanks for the info. I think that's dinner Sunday!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by Gourmet_Mom ("spatchlocked" Yes,...)
Oh yeah, under the skin on the chicken!!!

Francois brought a mushroom veloute (cream of mushroom soup) Sunday night - we drizzled with truffle oil. OMG, died and gone to heaven!
  Re: Re: Dinner, Tuesday, 2/15?? by Harborwitch (Oh yeah, under the s...)
GRACIOUS! That sounds sooo good! I think I may have to try that on the Spinach and Mushroom Ravioli that Jean posted about. I'm seriously thinking about making that Friday night when William usually stays at the camp.
Daphne