Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina)
  Re: (...)
We had a very nice weekend. Friday evening we had a couple over for dinner and had a wonderful dinner.

For appys we had a Bruschetta bar:

[Image: DSC03204.jpg]
[Image: DSC03205.jpg]

We made a prime rib dinner with Ina Garten's Eggplant Gratin, which I highly recommend.

This is before they went into the oven:

[Image: DSC03206.jpg]
I didn't snap a pic afterward, so here is Ina's pic of the after
[Image: IG0904_Eggplant_Gratin_med.jpg]

Here is a link to this recipe:
Eggplant Gratin Recipe

I do highly recommend this recipe. For dinner we used this as a side instead of potatoes, pasta or bread. Our menu was Prime Rib, Eggplant Gratin, and Caesar Salad.

The kids went to my mother's for the evening and we had them over for breakfast in the morning. We started out with Bloody Mary's with Jane's Asparagus. Which was WONDERFUL. Kinda spicy with just the right amount of snap!

[Image: DSC03207.jpg]

Thanks to Sharon, we had the best, lightest, fluffiest pancakes ever. Hubby was a pro at the flat top:

[Image: DSC03208.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina) by luvnit (We had a very nice w...)
SHARON!!! You mean you made HER Buttermilk pancakes?????? WELL. I'M not insulted.......

Sounds like you had a fun weekend. The eggplant dish sounds really good.

And, I forgot to mention, I loved your mom's facebook video with Chef Notta taping everything in her world.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina) by cjs (SHARON!!! You mean y...)
Ooooh that all looks too good.

I need to make those pancakes again! Bob loves them - sorry Jean

It sounds like a wonderful day all around, and a great great dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina) by Harborwitch (Ooooh that all looks...)
***grumble....grumble...snore (sh*t, not 'snore' I meant snort -can't even get a bit(h right!!)....sigh*** there is no accounting for taste. (cjs did not say that....)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina) by cjs (***grumble....grumbl...)
LOL ducking here
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina) by Harborwitch (LOL [img]/ubbthrea...)
Oh I remember those asparagus from last year when Bill was my secret Santa and sent me a jar, they were so YUMMY!!
  Re: Re: Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina) by DFen911 (Oh I remember those ...)
Roy is sure enjoying his.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thank you Bill, Jane and Sharon! (and Ina) by cjs (Roy is sure enjoying...)
Well, I must say that I have never made Sharon's pancakes, but I CAN testify to the fact that Jean's are AWESOME! (Sorry Sharon...I promise to do a side by side comparison sometime.)

Laura, your dinner party sounds great and the brunch the next day sounds wonderful. I'm sure the kids had a great time.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.