What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

Until I got further into Central Market and we went crazy, I had planned on having leftover Greek Hobo for dinner tonight, but now, I'm in a quandry. I'll probably do something with mushrooms and a truffle pizza with the other mushrooms (and maybe a little truffle) tomorrow night....decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
We are finally going to break out of our shell and go to a pot luck here tonight. I'm not sure what I'm going to take - had thought mac & cheese but noticed no one was bringning a salad or veggie. ????????

They're serving Chicken Cordon Blue (this could be interesting - the guy they have cooking for events here is spectacularly blech. I'm hoping he's not cooking the chicken.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by Harborwitch (We are finally going...)
Cookies. Cupcakes. Chocolate-dipped marshmallows.
Today is baking for Valentine's Day and Mom's birthday, so whatever I can put together will be out meals for the day.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by foodfiend (Cookies. Cupcakes. ...)
We're having Theresa's Review Dinner. I'm anxious to see if we like it. I'm going to add the Mango and Pepper Salad to the meal. I know we like that, so William won't be too bummed out.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by Gourmet_Mom (We're having Theresa...)
I'm doing the perfect rib roast again. They were on sale and I could not resist
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by DFen911 (I'm doing the perfec...)
I was saving my rib-eyes for tomorrow but we're having them today, along with asparagus and a yet to be determined starch. Maybe french fries.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by Trixxee (I was saving my rib-...)
It's finally beginning to warm up around here, so I'm grilling tritip and asparagus. I'm also thawing some dinner rolls that I'll bake off. Possible a salad, too. I'm really looking forward to the tritip. It's one of my favorites.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by karyn (It's finally beginni...)
Macs and Cheese with dogs for him, Chili Cheeseburger brats for me!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by BarbaraS (Macs and Cheese with...)
Leftover tikka masala for dinner, but made Monte Cristos for lunch.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Saturday, 2/12 by labradors (Leftover tikka masal...)
Oh, we had a wonderful dinner last night - I'd forgotten how much I love Skate. This dish is not flashy, just wonderful subtle flavors.

[Image: CIMG0405.jpg]

Here's the recipe if anyone is interested -
Skate Casserole – 2 to 4 servings (more like 5)

1 pound skate fillet -- cut 1/2" pieces
1 cup sliced mushrooms
3 celery stalks -- diced
4 tablespoons grated onion
1/2 cup minced green pepper
1/2 cup cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups milk
4 tablespoons grated Cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons flour
1/8 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 pinch nutmeg

Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter or margarine in a saucepan. Add mushrooms celery, onion, green pepper and basil. Sauté for about 10 minutes or until celery is tender.

While mushrooms are sautéing make sauce by melting 4 tablespoons of butter or margarine in the top of a double boiler. Stirring constantly, gradually add the flour. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg. Slowly pour in milk. Cook and stir for about 6 minutes until sauce is thick and smooth.

Add skate to mushroom mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Combine skate and mushroom mixture with the white sauce and stir well. Pour mixture into a casserole dish. Cover with cracker crumbs and top with grated cheddar cheese.

Bake for approximately 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until casserole is golden brown.

This recipe yields 2 to 4 servings.
Source: "New York Seafood Council at [url=http://www.nyseafood.org"]http://www.nyseafood.org"[/url]

------
I don't see why any mild white fish (talapia would be really good) would work in this dish.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com