T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11
  Re: (...)
I guess Jean is still basking in the glow of her FABULOUS dinner last night.

William is staying at the farm tonight. The boys have almost killed a fifth of rum in their Hot Buttered Rum. They say it's VERY good. I wouldn't know. SOMEBODY forgot to get me a bottle! I've been promised a sample tomorrow night.

ANYWAY, since Cricket and I are alone, I'm going to pop some popcorn and have fun with Truffle Salt and Truffle Oil. If we're still hungry, I've still got enough Chicken Piccata from last night. It seemed silly to go to all the trouble to make Yangchow Fried Rice and Stir Fry veggies just for the two of us. I'll just save that for a quick meal next week. I hope my veggies hold up.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11 by Gourmet_Mom (I guess Jean is stil...)
We stopped at Central market on the way home and got in lots of trouble.... will post about that later.

We picked up some mussels and clams and I'm going to "finally" make a dish Roy has been whining for since he made some Verjus from his Pinot. Steamed clams in Verjus with another of the small loaves of Rouxfy's bread. That bread is so good heated up and the crust just gets so crispy!!

Thanks for starting this, Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11 by cjs (We stopped at Centra...)
We are going to have the green curry chicken dish from the slow cooker book. The apartment smelled wonderful when I got home. I snuck a bite of the chicken and it is very good. Now to make the quinoa and sauteed rappi to go with. I hate when the students keep Wally late, and it always seems to be on Friday.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11 by chef_Tab (We are going to have...)
I'm making an Epicurious stand-by. An Italian sausage, white bean and escarole dish with crusty bread for dipping. Cutting the recipe in half, at least.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/v...eans-15600
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11 by Trixxee (I'm making an Epicur...)
Well, there's no way I can top the popcorn! I've licked the bowl, and I've licked the pot that I mixed it in. I'm going to stop with that! Anything else would be a let down!
Daphne
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11 by Gourmet_Mom (Well, there's no way...)
Giggle! Isn't that stuff sinfull???

I don't know what we're having. We just crammed leftover Indian pizza in our faces. Just have to see what happens.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11 by Harborwitch (Giggle! Isn't that ...)
My review on the Verjus Mussels/Clams is that it's a pretty good dish, but I do like my old one better, so will incorporate the verjus into it.

[Image: CIMG0401.jpg]

Sigh, we'll just have to go back to Central and get more mussels and clams.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner- 2/11/11 by cjs (My review on the Ver...)
Sure looks good to me! YUM!

"Sigh, we'll just have to go back to Central and get more mussels and clams." Yea, right...What does Roy say about that...LOL!
Daphne