CRS or just crazy?
  Re: (...)
There is no way I had the brain this week. Since I started working, I have been fairly good about planning the week’s meals and shopping for groceries on the weekend. This week I decided to make the lacquered ribs from the slow cooker book. As I was assembling the sauce, I thought ¼ cup sriracha sauce sounded a bit excessive, but I was too tired to give it much thought and followed the recipe as written. When we arrived home last night, the aroma was wonderful. I made jasmine rice on the side and gave myself a few ribs and sauce on the rice. The ribs were good, but quite hot, and I could barely eat my rice. The heat in the sauce was so powerful, I could hardly taste anything. Wally, of course loved the whole meal just as I made it. But this is a man who puts habanero flakes on practically everything.

I decided to write a review of the dinner and then did a search to make sure it had not already been reviewed, and what came up? I am almost too embarrassed to go on……….this was MY birthday review dinner last year! And the ridiculous thing is I wrote the exact same comments I had expressed this time. How crazy am I that I did not even remember this until I read the review from a year ago. Notes are going into the cookbook tonight.

Another meal planned for this week is the coconut chicken curry from the same book. I guess I will check if I already made that one too.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: CRS or just crazy? by chef_Tab (There is no way I ha...)
Theresa, I feel your pain. Really. I can see myself doing the same, exact thing (except that some of the time I do manage to write prep/ review notes in the magazine). Not to worry, I'm betting that you will get at least a few more responses similar to mine.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: CRS or just crazy? by chef_Tab (There is no way I ha...)
I keep thinking I should make notes in my cookbooks - I think Jean does, but my Dad always said that making notes in books was akin to blasphemy and murder on the sin list!!!

I think we need to make notes, how wonderful in a cookbook to pass that on to future cooks in our families.

Now if I get the brain again anytime soon I'll start doing that!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: CRS or just crazy? by foodfiend (Theresa, I feel your...)
Been there, done that! I am so bad about not making notes as often as I should. I had gotten better about copy/pasting my review from here to MC, but there's something wrong with my program now. Every time I try to do more than enter the recipe, the program shuts down. I have got to find that disk and reload the program...it's quite annoying.

But you've got the right idea, Theresa. Check for reviews on here FIRST.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CRS or just crazy? by Gourmet_Mom (Been there, done tha...)
"my Dad always said that making notes in books was akin to blasphemy and murder on the sin list!!!" - Oh my, what a shame!! My recipe books are like diaries, it's so fun to run across a recipe I made in 1995 and read that we loved it and we were building bookshelves or remodeling something that day. You're right, Sharon, I write in every cookbook - even Keller's Bouchons!!!!

Theresa, all I can say is, "Welcome to my world!!"
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: CRS or just crazy? by cjs ("my Dad always said ...)
And here it is February, and I haven't started my dinner diary....DANG IT! I start tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: CRS or just crazy? by Gourmet_Mom (And here it is Febru...)
Geez, 1/4 cup of sriracha sauce would do me in!

I also write in my cookbooks and I keep a food diary of sorts. When we menu plan for the week I will write our selections in a journal - I include the book/place the recipe came from too. Then I can look back to find recipes I want to remake when I can't remember which book to go to.
  Re: Re: CRS or just crazy? by cjs ("my Dad always said ...)
I think he's going to be shaking in his "jar", but I think I'll follow your lead Jean.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!