What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9?
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having for dinner tonight?

We're having Salmon hash with potatoes and asparagus from C@H Cuisine for Two book. Late night 'lunch' will be a steamed bun sandwich with some Four Happiness Pork. Love those little devils.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
Chili Ranchero - Made with round steak, cocoa and corn. I am going to convert my recipe for the slow cooker.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by esgunn (Chili Ranchero - Mad...)
I have an after hours business forum type thing to go to. We're going to tour the new Blue Waters facility, then go to Houlihan's for wine and hors d'oeuvres. I think that will be my dinner. Chili from Sunday for the rest of the family.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by HomeCulinarian (I have an after hour...)
William purchased tickets for a Valentine's Dinner at the church. The men are making a steak dinner. But now I have to figure out what to take to school for lunch tomorrow. We have a 3 hour delay, so I may just get up and make a big breakfast and skip lunch.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by Gourmet_Mom (William purchased ti...)
I had some leftover sausage and chicken, lots of various veg, so he's making me what he calls a cheap and dirty jambalaya. The kitchen smells fabulous.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
I had some of the lite pasta I froze, Picky is having a chicken pie, trying to clean out the freezer. I'm beginning to be like Jean, I need to defrost those freezer meals and make some space!

What did people do without freezers? (At least here in NH, we had the back porch 8 months a year)
PJ
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by pjcooks (I had some of the li...)
Us too, PJ - when I was a kid, divorced mom living on a shoestring. We went a few weeks (looking back seems like months) without a frig and we kept everything out on the screened porch. Thank God it was winter.

My mother was the OS&D (Over, Short & Damaged) clerk for a trucking company and you'd be surprised how fast something got damaged when we need something. My mom was this cute little divorced redhead and the drivers all loved her and adopted my sister and me. Fun times. Sorry, completely off course here.

Back to dinner plans.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by cjs (Us too, PJ - when I ...)
We are going over to Francois' trailer tonight - he's heating up the leftovers from last night (chicken in a wine and mushroom sauce and a wild & basmati pilaf) and fixing a veg. mmmmmmmm! No dishes tomorrow am!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by Harborwitch (We are going over to...)
BLT's with avacado and chipotle mayo. Cream of broccoli soup on the side. The BLT's were fabulous.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu for Wednesday, 2/9? by chef_Tab (BLT's with avacado a...)
Theresa, that sounds like a great dinner! I love the spread idea for the sammie! I'll have to remember that one!

The steak dinner was pretty good. If I'm going to have to eat a medium cooked steak, I'm thankful they marinated it. It was pretty tender. The potatoes were cooked perfectly...thank goodness. And the rolls were surprisingly good! The Boy Scouts that meet at our church did the cooking and serving. They did a GREAT job. We were able to snag a table with just one other couple that we know well and enjoy the company of. Heather is hilarious (I taught with her for a time), and Brad is sweet. There was entertainment that was very good, if a little loud for encouraging conversation. We only got caught engaging in conversation inappropriate for the setting once when the music stopped...LOL! Luckily, it was only William plotting our escape by going to the bathroom...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.