cream corn and lemony carrots
  Re: (...)
I looking for the cream corn and lemony carrots recipes. They were last spotted in the 2005 CuisineAtHome.com December special addition magazine (roasted turkey on the front and I believe this was a 'best of the best' edition).
  Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by lmbernie (I looking for the cr...)
Welcome lmbernie! I think I have this one, but I can't type it in right now. If you can wait, I can type it in tomorrow afternoon or Saturday. Although, somebody else may come in and type it in before then.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by Gourmet_Mom (Welcome lmbernie! I...)
Welcome to the forum, Bernie! That recipe sounds tasty. Once someone posts the recipe and you try it, please come back and post a review. For that matter, come on back, anyway, and join the fun. This is a great group!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by labradors (Welcome to the forum...)
Lemony carrots....patiently waits for Daphne to post

And Welcome to boards! You will love this place! How do I know...we'll just read the thread "Thank You" that I started and you'll see why
  Re: Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by DFen911 (Lemony carrots....pa...)
Welcome to the forum - I have some time this a.m., so here at least the corn recipe. will look further for the carrots.
Edited to add: these recpes are from C@H Issue #54

Creamed Corn
Makes 8 1/2 cups

Saute in 1 T. unsalted butter; add and pulse:
2 cups leeks, sliced
10 cups frozen corn kernels

Stir in and top with; garnish with:
3 cups Cheddar, shredded, divided
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 T. sugar
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
Salt and cayenne to taste
Minced fresh chives

Preheat oven to 350F; coat an 8" baking dish with nonstick spray.

Saute leeks in butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until soft, about 2 minutes. Add corn and saute just until kernals thaw, about 5 minutes. Pulse 4 cups corn mixture in a food processor until coarsely chopped; then return it to the pan.

Stir in 2 cups cheddar, cream, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne. Transfer corn mixture to the prepared baking dish, top with remaining cheese, and bake until cheese is golden, about 30 minutes. Before serving, garnish with chives.

Found the carrots -
Lemony Glazed Carrots
Makes 3 cups

Boil:
1 lb. baby carrots
4 cups lemon-lime soda (such as 7-up)

Whisk together:
1/3 cup orange marmalade
3 T. reserved lemon-lime soda
Salt and pepper to taste

Garnish with:
chopped fresh chives

Boil carrots in soda, in a saucepan over medium-high heat until tender, 10-15 minutes. Transfer carrots to a serving platter and reserve 3 T. of the hot soda.

Whisk marmalade, reserved soda, salt, and pepper together in a bowl until blended. Drizzle over carrots. Grnish carrots with chives.

---

Wow, those carrots sound really interesting. Hadn't noticed that recipe before. Thanks for mentioning it, Bernie.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by cjs (Welcome to the forum...)
Each of them sounds good. Copied for later.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by labradors (Each of them sounds ...)
Both do sound good! I love carrots any which way. Such an economical veggie.
  Re: Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by Trixxee (Both do sound good! ...)
I like the sound of the carrots, also. I'll work them into the menu for next week. I'm always looking for a good veggie side!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by lmbernie (I looking for the cr...)
Welcome, Bernie, haven't seen this recipe.

Have fun here!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: cream corn and lemony carrots by pjcooks (Welcome, Bernie, hav...)
Ok I gotta say I read the recipe for the carrots and my first word was yuck. I cannot get past cooking carrots in all that sugar considering how much sugar carrots already have. Then more sugar is added in the sauce...has anyone actually made these?