What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2?
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone tonight?

We're going down the hill to check in with our favorite little bar/restaurant - haven't seen any of them since Dec. 4th!! Time to check in.

So, we'll have our 'later snack' mid-day today, a repeat of last night's. It was a great little sandwich. We split a Pumpernickel bread, spread with pesto, layer of deli turkey, 2 slices bacon, tomato and lettuce. Very tasty combination.

For dinner, I'm hoping Roy will split something so we can stop for a Dairy Queen bowl of choc/vanilla on the way home.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have a pot roast with veggies in the crockpot that is smelling pretty yummy already.

OT: This ice storm is very strange. Last night, it was actually raining ice rather than puffy snow. This created such a hard crust on the snow that when I let Charlie out in the back yard, he was walking on top of the snow like he was wearing snow shoes. Looked pretty funny!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by Mare749 (I have a pot roast w...)
When I was in Jr. High school, three of us were going down a hill on a sled, piled one on top of the other. I was on top and about 1/2 way down I slid off and went down the hill on the side of my face. It was the day before my very first New Year's Eve party, half my face was such a mess and a big black eye, I had to stay home. Crusty snow scares the h*ll out of me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by cjs (When I was in Jr. Hi...)
Oh, I need some inspiration. No, actually what I need is to make a list of what is in the fridge and get some lunch and dinners down on paper for the rest of the week!

Maryann, we had ice yesterday morning but it all melted over the day and it rained and was very warm last night. There is still about 4" of snow on the ground, but it's 40 degrees and I'm sitting in a very intense sunbeam now-- it feels so good! Alas, it is to drop fo 25 degrees in the next 6 hours. *sigh*

So you're halfway through?! Time flies, I suppose (uh, maybe not so much when you're trying to juggle studying, classes, exams, and a home life!). It sounds as though you're keeping up with it all, though.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by Mare749 (I have a pot roast w...)
Halfway through, Maryann, good for you!I can't imagine juggling all that now, but I did years ago, work, kids, school, running my (newly) single home. Congrats! Your pot roast sounds good. will do one on Sunday, I think, for the game.

Well, we had 9 inches of snow yesterday. The blizzard came in at about 5AM today, we already have a foot of new snow and it's not supposed to stop until 5AM tomorrow. Anyone else getting hammered, besides Jeannette, Maryann and me?

Stuffed haddock tonight, good night for comfort food. Was going to do it last night but Picky went to Burger King while plowing. I should be nice and make him some brownies. It's nice to have a snow day.

Jean, what the heck were 3 of you doing on a sled?
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by pjcooks (Halfway through, Mar...)
I think I'm going to do the taco rice. That will require making a quick trip to the store with a somewhat sick child but I have to get out of this house even if it's for a half an hour! Michael's been home all week with a low-grade fever and a cough. I'm hoping he returns to school tomorrow (he is hoping he still has a fever).
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by pjcooks (Halfway through, Mar...)
Maryann congrats on making it halfway! I feel for all of you struggling with the awful weather. I'll duck as I say I miss the snow!!! Sure beats the sucking black mud we've got!!!

We are grilling steaks and asparagus for dinner and I'll roast some fingerling potatoes.

I think I just might make Dave Nelson's Lemon Pudding. It sounds like a perfect addition to a Spring dinner.

"Sunshine on my dashboard makes me happy. . . . ."
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by Harborwitch (Maryann congrats on ...)
"Jean, what the heck were 3 of you doing on a sled?" - does stupid 14-year olds make sense?????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by cjs ("Jean, what the heck...)
LOL There's a visual that will stay with me for the day!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wednesday, 2/2? by Harborwitch (LOL There's a visua...)
Maryann, I am so proud of you! I know Ron and the rest of the family are proud, too!

I'm making some sub buns from our newest favorite bread recipe. We're going to have meatball subs and a salad.

I know it was awful at the time, but Jean, that is too funny! Fourteen isn't the only age kids act stupid. There was a hill close to our dorm when we were in college in the mountains called Presidents Hill (basically his front yard). It was popular for kids to sled on. They'd steal cafeteria trays to use for sleds.

One afternoon during a keg party, a bunch of us took the table from the kitchen of our suite...laminate table top with metal legs...to use for a sled. About six of us piled on and rode it down the hill. I forgot to mention, this hill dropped off at the bottom to a main road. GEEZ! Talk about STUPID!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.