Hot Buttered Rum
  Re: (...)
[Image: HotButteredRum.jpg]

I finally came up with what we think is the perfect recipe for Hot Buttered Rum. I love research...*

Place a teaspoon of butter in the bottom of an Irish coffee mug (or similar). Add a teaspoon of brown sugar, a shake of cinnamon, a slightly smaller shake of freshly grated nutmeg, and a little less ground allspice (of course, these spices can be altered to your taste). Use a spoon to mix the sugar and spices into the butter. Add 1½ ounces of dark rum and 2 teaspoons of orange juice; fill the glass with hot water. Stir. Garnish with a cinnamon stick or an orange slice.

I used Gosling's rum, but Meyer's would be just as good as long as it's a dark (not white or gold) rum.

*- must qualify that-- I love rum research. A friend enjoys her job doing microgenetics research. To each her own.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Hot Buttered Rum by foodfiend ([img]http://i756.pho...)
See how much fun it is? I love experimentation Very nice presentation shot too.

Now...how to get this into a jello shooter...So orange jello cut with 1/2 plain jello, spices, rum that's a given it's how to incorporate the butter flavor without the fat which will ruin the shot. I need Butter Essence
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by DFen911 (See how much fun it ...)
Butter flavoring? Extract?

I've never made jello shooters (*covering my head in shame*), but I'd try this one if you want to share the recipe once it's figured out.

I just have a feeling that there are the kind of things that would put me flat on my face...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by foodfiend (Butter flavoring? E...)
Vicci I think your version is much better You just can't beat the hot butteryness!
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by DFen911 (Vicci I think your v...)
You two are sick!

I love hot buttered rums and we need to try these while the weather is like it is. Thanks Vicci
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by cjs (You two are sick! [i...)
Quote:

You two are sick!

But HAPPY! Hap, hap, happy!!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by foodfiend ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
LOL! But they fit in so well here...LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by Gourmet_Mom (LOL! But they fit i...)
Oh I can't wait till summer and watermelon mojitos!!!!
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by DFen911 (Oh I can't wait till...)
Uh, Denise....where did that come from? Are you gardening on the bar thread?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Hot Buttered Rum by Gourmet_Mom (Uh, Denise....where ...)
I was watching Ina Garten today and she made them and I thought OMG I must have those this summer Which of course got me to thinking about my garden and can't wait till we get to Oregon so I can grow my own watermelon