Will These Sound As Good....
  Re: (...)
after I've had breakfast?? I'm so ready to do them both!!

From a Hawaiian newsletter I receive -

Asian Duck Stir Fry

1 4 lb. cooked Chinese roast duck -- frozen Chinese roast duck, or fresh cooked(I think they mean duck skin)
3 cups cooked duck meat -- shredded
1/4 lb. Shiitake mushrooms
1/2 medium onion
2 cloves garlic -- minced
2 Tablespoons ginger -- minced
1/2 cup fresh off the cob corn kernels
1 Tablespoon chopped chives
1 Tablespoon dried cranberries
2 tablespoons dry roasted cashews
1/2 cup Chinese cabbage -- finely shredded
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons plum sauce
3 tablespoons chicken stock
2 tablespoons canola oil
Salt and pepper

1) Remove meat and skin from duck. Separate skin from meat. shred meat into julienne pieces. Cut duck skin into thin julienne pieces

2) Rub corn cobs with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. On a hot grill or in a grill pan over high heat, grill corn for 5 minutes, turning frequently until grilled. Remove corn from heat and cut kernels off cob using a knive.

3) In a small sauté Pan heat 1/2 cup canola oil using medium heat. Add duck skin and fry until crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towel.

4) In a small bowl, mix together plum sauce and hoisin sauce.

5) In a large sauté pan or wok over high heat, add 2 tablespoons oil. And add onions and cook until limp. Add mushrooms, ginger, garlic. Add cabbage, duck meat, corn, chives, cranberries and cashews. Stir-Fry for 2 minutes. Add plum and hoisin mixture and stir-fry another 2 minutes. Add chicken stock and stir-fry another 1 minute and set aside.

6) Place a heaping spoonful of mixture in filo cup.

7) Top with duck cracklings and micro greens.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Grilled Marinated Shrimp with Aloha Soy Drizzle,

3 Hawaiian shrimp for each serving
1 Tbsp. grape seed oil or canola oil
Salt and togarashi chili
For Aloha Soy Drizzle:
3 oz. Aloha Shoyu
1 cup plum wine
2/3 cup simple syrup
For the Mango Salsa:
½ peeled and diced mango
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
¼ tsp. chopped red Anaheim or jalepeno peppers
1 Tbsp. lime juice
¼ Tbsp. chopped red onions
------
For the Noodles:
4 oz. soba “buckwheat” noodles
Salt to taste

First in a small saucepan, combine all ingredients of Aloha Soy Drizzle. Bring to a boil and quickly lower the heat, simmering until reduced to syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and set aside.Second, combine all ingredients of mango salsa and set aside for ½ hour.

Third, in a small pot bring water to boil (don’t add any oil- when the noodles are cooling, you want them to stick together) Place salt and noodles in water and cook until al dente, strain. Place the hot noodles in a square baking pan. Set aside to cool and cut noodles into desired portions.

Fry in cooking oil in a frying pan until the sides are a little crispy. A lot like cake noodles. Drain on a paper towel. Last but not least, marinate shrimps in oil, salt and pepper. Grill the shrimp until done and place shrimp over a bed of “cake” soba noodles.

Garnish shrimp with mango salsa and drizzle with Aloha Soy Drizzle

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The rice taco doesn't sound so good now.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Will These Sound As Good.... by cjs (after I've had break...)
Both sound really, really good. But so does the taco rice!
  Re: Re: Will These Sound As Good.... by Trixxee (Both sound really, r...)
Oh the duck dish sounds delish!!!
  Re: Re: Will These Sound As Good.... by DFen911 (Oh the duck dish sou...)
I want to be invited to dinner when you do the duck! OMG! It sounds SO good!

The shrimp is an unpleasant reminder of my mistake this afternoon at the grocery store. I had a list, but I noticed that the frozen shrimp were BOGO free. I've been pleasantly surprised at the quality of these shrimp, so when I see them on sale now, I pick up a pound. Today I didn't take time to look. They sell them precooked and raw. Guess what I bought?!?!? I could use them in a stir fry, but I wanted raw for something else. POOH! I hope they'll exchange them.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.