Best banana bread
  Re: (...)
Does anyone have the recipe for Best Banana bread from the Oct 08 issue? I think it is issue 71. I have been a subscriber since beginning 2007 but I am sadly missing several issues since I moved to Tennessee :-( Thanks so much! I have several brown bananas and don't want to trash them!
  Re: Best banana bread by mindylawson (Does anyone have the...)
I can post this evening if someone else doesn't get to it first.

Welcome to the forum, Mindy!
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by HomeCulinarian (I can post this even...)
Typically, I'd do it, but I'm about to leave again.

Welcome, Mindy!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by Gourmet_Mom (Typically, I'd do it...)
Is this the one you are looking for?

Best-Ever Banana Bread

1½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp table salt
1 cup sugar
½ cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1½ cups mashed banana
½ cup walnuts, toasted, chopped, optional

Preheat oven to 325°

Coat a 5 x8" loaf pan with nonstick spray.

Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl; set aside.

Blend sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla together in a second bowl with a hand mixer until light in color, 2-3 minutes.

Alternately add flour mixture and mashed banana to the egg mixture, starting and ending with flour.

Blend just until flour is combined, then fold in walnuts.

Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 1-1¼ hours.

Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out; cool completely before slicing.

Nutrition: (per 1/12 recipe)
241 calories
48% calories from fat
13g total fat
30g carb
214mg sodium
1g fiber
4g protein
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by Morgan (Is this the one you ...)
I am not sure - lol! I just know it was from Oct 08 I believe and got great reviews. Thank you so much for responding. :-)
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by mindylawson (I am not sure - lol!...)
welcome to the forum Morgan and Mindy! I am so glad Morgan was able to find a recipe. I hope you both return often and join in. We are so fortunate to have several fabulous chefs and cooks that participate often. And everyone is helpful, kind, and fun. I learn something new every day and I have been inspired to try to many new recipes.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by chef_Tab (welcome to the forum...)
Thanx, Morgan for posting! I haven't tried this recipe yet; have you?
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by chef_Tab (welcome to the forum...)
This is bound to be it. I checked the index and only one recipe came up. The rest of the entries were tips or not an actual Banana Bread recipe.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by Gourmet_Mom (This is bound to be ...)
Welcome to Morgan and Mindy! Hope you both join in here with us!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Best banana bread by cjs (Welcome to Morgan an...)
Mindy and Morgan, welcome to the forum and thanks for requesting this recipe. There's never any shortage of bananas where I live and they are truly ripe here (unlike how under-ripe they have to be to ***** them to the States), so they are perfect for banana bread. Oddly enough, I haven't made any, yet, in the six years I've been here (although the banana pancakes I've made have been spectacular).so it looks like it's about time.

Come back soon to let us know how this recipe works out for you, then come back often to enjoy lots of great food and camaraderie.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?