What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20?
  Re: (...)
Well, we should be home mid-afternoon. I've never wanted to be home so bad in all our traveling days!!!

What's on the menu for everyone?

Us? who knows.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by cjs (Well, we should be h...)
Both a friend of mine and I are going to try this recipe I found at Noble Pig. The picture looks too good to pass up. I'll probably make some broccolini as pictures and some steamed rice.

http://noblepig.com/2008/10/22/no-mad-sk...uired.aspx
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by Trixxee (Both a friend of min...)
Trixxee - that does look good!

I'm planning to have some beef and broccoli stirfry. Also going to make a batch of Red Chili from the Soups book for Friday night dinner.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by HomeCulinarian (Trixxee - that does ...)
I was planning on the seafood chowder in the new Cuisine Lite. That chicken looks awfully good though.

But the cod is ready so chowder, biscuits, and salad.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by Harborwitch (I was planning on th...)
I shall report back on how it turned out!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by Trixxee (I shall report back ...)
That chicken does look good. I'm looking forward to your review, Trixxee!

We're having pizza. Mine with lots of veggies, John's with pesto and sausage.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by karyn (That chicken does lo...)
Oh dear! If my dinner wasn't already in the crockpot, I'd be making that, Trixxee! I'll be picking up some chicken thighs and green onions.

I raced home to put the Classic Pot Roast in the Crockpot. I would typically have had William put it on this morning before he left, but he was leaving early, and I didn't want it to over cook. I had no idea he'd get home early to turn it off.

Oh well, I've got to go judge senior projects in a minute and he's got Bible study and won't get home until about 9. So I guess we'll see if it will get as tender on high for 4-5 hours instead of low for 6-7 hours. I'll get home in time to put the taters on so everything will be ready when he gets through the door. I hate eating this late, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by Gourmet_Mom (Oh dear! If my dinn...)
Daphne - we had the classic pot roast last week - It was really good!

My new crockpot cooks hotter than my old one. I put it on low - 10 hour cook - and things are done in about 6 hours; so I always start the recipes at noon.
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by HomeCulinarian (Daphne - we had the ...)
I had filling leftover from Jean's stuffed squash recipe so I am winging it and putting it between two layers of corn tortillas with grated cheese. The little quesadillas are baking in the oven now. We'll have some beer, but I wish it was margueritas
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's on the Menu, Thursday, 1/20? by chef_Tab (I had filling leftov...)
Speaking of margaritas....Theresa, have you ever tried Jean's Brendaritas? OMG!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.