What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I will be having my 3rd day of Milktoast. I had a bacterial infection over Labor day that knocked me out and it came back with a vengance on Saturday and really knocked me for a loop again. This is the 3rd day medication, so should be feeling normal soon.

I've come on to check on things, but that's about it. Some interesting threads I'm missing out on.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Sorry to hear this, Jean. We were all wondering where you were yesterday as it's unusual for you not to post the dinner thread. It must be pretty unpleasant to be traveling and not feeling well. Take care of you!

Dinner tonight is going to be Waldorf Astoria stew. My class for today got cancelled,(not weather related) so I could have cooked something more elaborate, but decided today would be a good day to study and start writing one of two papers due next week.

Anyway, Waldorf Astoria Stew is a recipe that I got from a crockpot recipe website long ago and we still like it once in a while. It's very similar to the 5 Hour Stew recipe that was popular some years back.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by Mare749 (Sorry to hear this, ...)
Hope you feel better soon, Jean. I'm meeting some friends for a birthday lunch today and I plan on bringing home half of whatever I order for dinner. I'm already leaning towards a frisco burger. Tony is still gone so I don't need to worry about him.
  Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Jean I am so sorry! I hope you feel better soon - no wonder you wanted to get home FAST!!! Take care.

I have no idea what we're having yet. I'll figure it out.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by Harborwitch (Jean I am so sorry! ...)
I think a steak and some steamed broccoli.

Jean I hope you feel better soon! I am so sorry about your illness.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by esgunn (I think a steak and ...)
Yokes! Labour Day? That's a long time for something to hang around and come back. Hope you don't have to stay on a BRAT/Milktoast diet for long.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by labradors (Yokes! Labour Day? ...)
I love milktoast, just don't like the reasons I have to eat it. It used to be the only thing that made me feel better when I was a kid - I guess the kid in me is the one sick now. thanks for the good wishes. And, ya'all behave for a couple of days.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by cjs (I love milktoast, ju...)
Jean, I hope you get to feeling better soon. Does this mean you won't be able to stop at Tracie's? I hope not.

I'm trying the Roasted Meatball recipe tonight. I'm really excited. I'll be able to bake up some of our new favorite bread for rolls and have meatball subs this weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, I hope you get...)
We limped into Tracie's last night and she's sick also - cold and sinus. So, here's poor Roy the only one healthy and he's hungry!! we both almost barfed on him. All three of us were in bed by 7 p.m. and we left early this a.m., so no real visiting.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Wed.,1/19? by cjs (We limped into Traci...)
Jean that is not good! Nothing should be living in your system that long O^O