What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th?
  Re: (...)
It's been snowing since 6AM here, again, everything is closed. A good day to make chicken and rice soup with some stock I have in the freezer. I really wanted to hit the grocery store today, to get the stuff I need to start making some of those pasta sauces in the new issue, but the snow started earlier than it was supposed to.
What are you all up to?
PJ
  Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by pjcooks (It's been snowing si...)
My husband has a sales conference for the next three days/dinners so it's my time to go on a mini diet.

I'm going for the sauteed tilapia again, with asparagus and an almost medium sized red baked potato.

My son won't eat any of that so he'll probably have breakfast for dinner.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by Trixxee (My husband has a sal...)
I think I will use up some of the brisket and make beef enchiladas.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by esgunn (I think I will use u...)
Ron actually asked for grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup! Once in a while, he likes to have what would normally be a lunch or even breakfast, for dinner. Easy peasy!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by Mare749 (Ron actually asked f...)
I need to figure something out. This is day #2 of the annual week of cleaning, repairing, and packing away all of the Christmas decorations and, although it's not difficult, I'm tired by the time dinner rolls around!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by foodfiend (I need to figure som...)
Another mid day meal. This time I had a pumpkin that just HAD to be used up. So, I made some rough cubes and roasted in the oven, with salt, pepper, butter and sugar. Added it to a chicken curry dish with tomatoes and spinach. Served over rice with some cuke and yogurt topping. YUM YUM, it felt like comfort food
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by farnfam (Another mid day meal...)
I'm planning to make the chicken with blueberry sauce and blue cheese on sweet potatoes. Made it once before and we really liked it!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by HomeCulinarian (I'm planning to make...)
I've got a meeting at 7, so I'm thawing some ribs to put on right before I leave. William will sauce them and put on the corn right before I get home. There should be just enough salad for dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by Gourmet_Mom (I've got a meeting a...)
Are you grilling Daphne?! I am so jealous if you are. I was just telling hubby how much I miss the grill this winter.

Hubby won't be home until 7:30-8:00... So, we have some leftovers and we will just grab whatever we can.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Tuesday the 18th? by luvnit (Are you grilling Dap...)
Yes, they'll be grilled. We had grilled chicken last night. William thought I was crazy, but it was only a slight drizzle.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.