The boss is coming to dinner on Sunday!
  Re: (...)
We have a Sunday dinner tradition for the past year or so with our good friends. We mainly cook Italian because we have a trip planned to Italy in September for our 25th and our friends' 30th anniversaries.

My boss is from Greece (and very well travelled) and volunteered to make suggestions for side trips while we're in Southern Italy, so he and his wife are coming to join our dinner group on Sunday!

I'd appreciate main course recommendations - Southern Italian cuisine - from my CAH friends!!!
  Re: The boss is coming to dinner on Sunday! by HomeCulinarian (We have a Sunday din...)
Jeannette - this time of year, wanting an Italian theme, I don't see how you can beat a great Osso buco - either with veal/beef shanks or great big chicken thighs makes a great one also. Topped with a lovely gremolata - died and gone to heaven. with a creamy risotto?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: The boss is coming to dinner on Sunday! by cjs (Jeannette - this tim...)
Ooooooo... that sounds good! I haven't made Osso Buco before. I'll look into this!
  Re: Re: The boss is coming to dinner on Sunday! by HomeCulinarian (Ooooooo... that soun...)
Oh it is delish!!
  Re: Re: The boss is coming to dinner on Sunday! by DFen911 (Oh it is delish!!...)
Here's another vote for Jean's menu! Everyone will love it!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: The boss is coming to dinner on Sunday! by Mare749 (Here's another vote ...)
So if you don't have marrow scoops, should you still make it?
  Re: Re: The boss is coming to dinner on Sunday! by HomeCulinarian (So if you don't have...)
Yes!!!! I tried to steal Bill's (Old Bay) but he searched my pockets before I left! But, yes, I just get out my crab forks and use those to get at the marrow. Someday, I will have marrow spoons....someday.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com