What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight??

We're finally meeting up with Dave & Pam Nelson for dinner - some of you remember them from Chef2Chef. Haven't seen them for 3-4 years. They've bought a house in Mesa.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Oh, have a great time, Jean! They seem like the nicest people!

Dinner tonight will probably be leftover stuffed cabbage. I have to go to school and we're in the midst of a blizzard. Can't believe anyone had school today, it's that bad. Ron and I will probably both be getting home late tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by Mare749 (Oh, have a great tim...)
Lots of snow again today here, too!

I'm planning on making the Chili Verde from the CAH Stews and Soups book. It's a family favorite!
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by HomeCulinarian (Lots of snow again t...)
Have fun, Jean! They always seemed to be such a nice couple.

And when do we get to hear about dinner last night?!?!?

I picked up cube steak the other day, thinking I'd be able to pull of country fried steak on the grill if the power went out. So I guess I'll be making that today.

Good grief, Maryann! Be careful out there! I should be able to go back to school tomorrow. My fear of loosing my Easter Break seems to be all for naught. They've already called to say we'll be having school Saturday until 12. I don't dread loosing my Saturday, because we were supposed to have a long weekend (MLK Day) anyway.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun, Jean! The...)
Snow here, @ 5" but still snowing. A perfect day for Lasagna Soup and Cheater's Ciabatta! Maybe a salad on the side
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by farnfam (Snow here, @ 5" but ...)
Everyone stay safe and warm! I'm throwing a pork tenderloin into the crock pot with onion soup and mushroom soup. I'll make some smashed red potatoes and another salad (last night's was really good with the frizzled prosciutto). Very Maggiano'ish, if you've ever been to one.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by Trixxee (Everyone stay safe a...)
Busy day today, but we had agreat time - probably tomorrow a.m.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
Chicken Marsala in the crock pot, rolls rising, toll house cookies baking. We're in the midst of a blizzard, too, a good old nor'easter, I'm actually more relaxed than I have been in months because I don't have to, and can't, go anywhere! I think we have about 16" of snow so far, I don't care, let it snow (until Jan 24, of course, when I have to go back to work)

Looks like a lot of us are digging out. This is our second blizzard so far this year. Hope this isn't a sign of things to come........

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by pjcooks (Chicken Marsala in t...)
All I know is it will have 1 lb of ground lean turkey. I have no clue after that
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner - Wed, 1/12?? by DFen911 (All I know is it wil...)
stuffed cabbage?
Cis
Empress for Life