New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network
  Re: (...)
Does anyone love Cristina Ferrare as much as I do? She does have a new 1/2 hour show (it's on at 12:30pm my time) and I'm liking it. Today she had Henry Winkler on (love him!) as her guest. The format seems to be one guest at a time and it's not in front of a live audience. Anyway, if your at home at the time check it out.

http://www.oprah.com/own-cristinas-big-b...-of-Love_3
  Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by Trixxee (Does anyone love Cri...)
I wasn't impressed today - but then I think almost everyone on C@H could do as well as she does. Just not WOW'ed but I'll check it out some more before I make a final.

I kinda liked the one before - missed a lot of it but we'll see tomorrow or the next day - busy, busy.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by Harborwitch (I wasn't impressed t...)
Oh I'm not saying it's a breakthrough show with anything captivating cookingwise - I just love her - always have. Ever since she hosted Good Day LA about 25 years ago after she dumped DeLorean.

I have my own little fan club going and thought some might like to join - LOL! And it comes on at precisely the time I'm emptying the dishwasher and folding the laundry.

I do want to try the tequila shrimp from yesterday though. Right up my alley.
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by Trixxee (Oh I'm not saying it...)
"Ever since she hosted Good Day LA about 25 years ago after she dumped DeLorean." - I'm with you, Trixxee, I have enjoyed her for years and years also. In fact she was the first 'on-air' personality who cooked with flavorings that meshed with my likes. I knew if it was a recipe from her, I'd like it. I have her book she put out years ago. I still do my turkeys her method every so often.

I'll be anxious to see if we get the new channel when we get home.

Oh, hers is the first fan letter I ever sent to someone....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by cjs ("Ever since she host...)
OWN is replacing the Discovery Health Channel on Dish--channel 189.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by Old Bay (OWN is replacing the...)
Thanks Trixxee, I'll have to look for this channel. We probably get it and I don't even know it yet.

Not sure if anyone will actually be interested in this but...Christina aka Cynthia when we were kids, was my neighbor and my brother and I used to walk to school with her. She was always beautiful (and a bit dramatic) and wanted to be a movie star. When she was 14 or 15, the family packed up and moved to LA. This was in the 60's and all the kids on the block were soooo impressed.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by Mare749 (Thanks Trixxee, I'll...)
I get it at 11:30 here. I'll check it out today, but I won't be able to see it regularly. Thanks, Trixxee.

Cool story, Maryann! It's funny you mention that story. I found out Emily Procter (CSI: Miami) was from Raleigh a while back. My aunt used to teach at a prestigious private school there, so I asked her if she'd ever heard of Emily. Not only did she know her, but she was a friend of her daughter and used to spend a lot of time over at their house...LOL! She said she was a bottomless pit...ate all the time!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by Gourmet_Mom (I get it at 11:30 he...)
I think that's a great story, Maryann! Jean, I also have her book somewhere around here, Family Entertaining. I was really disappointed when her show Home and Family went off the air.

Do you know she still comes on the Good Day LA (or whatever it's called these days) every single Thanksgiving morning and does her famous turkey marinade and fields questions from callers who have no idea of how to cook anything. LOL. Must have the patience of a saint.
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by Trixxee (I think that's a gre...)
Those are great stories. The famous turkey - it is so darn good!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Cooking Show on Oprah's Network by cjs (Those are great stor...)
Jean, when you get home, would you mind looking that up, if it's not too much trouble? I would love to hear about her method and maybe even try it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."