Chicken Paillard with Caprese Salad..for Daphne
  Re: (...)
For the chicken:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)
salt and pepper
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
For the salad:
4 cups mesclun greens (2 oz)
1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
2 tablespoons honey-buttermilk dressing
parmesan shavings for garnish
Honey-buttermilk salad dressing:
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
salt and pepper

1.Prepare chicken, pounding breasts in a resealable plastic bag to 1/4" thick using a meat mallet. Season with salt and pepper, dip in buttermilk, then dredge in flour

2.Saute chicken in oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through and golden, about 3 minutes per side.

3.Combine all ingredients for the honey-buttermilk salad dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid and shake vigorously to blend.

4.Toss greens, tomatoes, herbs, and dressing together in a bowl. Toop each paillard with salad.

5.Garnish with parmesan shavings.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Chicken Paillard with Caprese Salad..for Daphne by chef_Tab (For the chicken:[br]...)
This recipe is from C@H Cuisine for Two, Simple, Healthy, and Delicious. It is quick, easy, and has impressed many a guest of mine. It is perfect for weekdays because it goes together very quicky. I often use leaf lettuce instead of mesulin because I have it on hand. The buttermilk dressing has become one of my favorites.

I wanted to get this posted for you quickly, but you can still tell me how to export MC files! I will be at the winery most of the day and then off to work tomorrow.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Chicken Paillard with Caprese Salad..for Daphne by chef_Tab (This recipe is from ...)
Theresa, I used to use the export thing, but recently realized you can just go to Edit/Copy Recipe/and right click on here to Paste. Simple.

And thanks for the recipe. It goes on this week's menu, for sure.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chicken Paillard with Caprese Salad..for Daphne by Gourmet_Mom (Theresa, I used to u...)
Love this recipe!