What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

I think we're doing a repeat tonight - last time we were here, we went to the "Organ Stop Pizza" where they had that incredible organ and everyone sat around and sang. Real hokey, but fun and so interesting to see the organ playing.

www.organstoppizza.com/
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I remember that stop and the pictures! Fun!

I'm not sure. I'm in such a quandary over the darn weather here. I don't want to miss any more school, since I don't want to loose part of my Easter vacation. But it looks like the weather man doesn't care what I think. We're expecting snow tonight and tomorrow, switching over to sleet and freezing rain through Tuesday morning. Not ONE but TWO days missed! BOTHER! It's not a done deal, yet, but it ain't looking good.

SOOOOO, I will probably cook up a couple things, including chili, just in case of loosing power. All my lovely pine trees hanging over the house may cause us to evacuate to the farm. I'll have gas out there to warm up the stuff. (No internet, though...and limited TV.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by Gourmet_Mom (I remember that stop...)
Looks like fun. Our town has an old movie theater with a working organ. Every once in a while they have a sing along. I'd like better if I could sing!

Making ravioli with young daughter today. Also cooking ahead for the week. Making split pea soup with the ham bone from New Years and Chile Verde.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by HomeCulinarian (Looks like fun. Our...)
Must use the last acorn squash, so stuffing with cheese and tortellini. Hope I can find that recipe again
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by farnfam (Must use the last ac...)
Oh piddle, I haven't done the acorn & B.B. yet. Now, which shall I make - I have tortellini too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by cjs (Oh piddle, I haven't...)
We were invited to Holly's for dinner. Bob is making "white chili" and wanted us to come. Holly sounded skeptical, so is backing it up with appys. Doesn't matter to me...I'm just happy that Bob is interested in cooking.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by Mare749 (We were invited to H...)
We're having grilled baby back ribs, au gratin potatoes and a salad. We're also making ham and white bean soup with the last of the honey baked ham from Thanksgiving. Will use the soup for lunches this week.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by Trixxee (We're having grilled...)
Made a big batch of Chili Verde yesterday so we're having that for dinner tonight. I like it better have it's cooked all day and then is refrigerated overnight. The flavors seem much better.

I think this year I may have to get a tortilla press and play with making tortillas. Anyone have one that love that they can recommend?
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by DFen911 (Made a big batch of ...)
A tortilla press would be dangerous for me. Fresh flour tortillas are a big problem here.
  Re: Re: What's For Dinner, Sunday, 1/9?? by DFen911 (Made a big batch of ...)
I'm going to make Chicken Parm for tonight, but will put on a pot of chili for tomorrow. I'll also make a double batch of marinara and make penne or something Tuesday. This wintery event will probably put us out of commission for a couple of days. DANG! There goes Easter Vacation, probably. I hate ice storms.

BTW, William was WAY overdue for some of his meds, so we decided to ride to Southport to get it and had lunch at a little place in town. Karyn serves a brunch menu on Sunday's. I've had her food at two cooking demos in the past year, and was really impressed. William got a Black Angus Burger with Blue cheese and crispy sweet potato fries and I got Crispy Fried Chicken with a Sweet Potato Waffle and Creamy Grits. It was VERY good! I was so disappointed to notice....after I ordered...at the next table, a guest's order included Sausage Gravy Biscuits. I've had this at one of the events and KNOW it's outstanding. I didn't even see it on the menu. I guess I saved myself the calories...not a great consolation.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.