Incredibly OT - but please indulge me.
  Re: (...)
I am not going to ask for opinions - in fact I don't want to know . . .

But can we please all take a moment from our evenings to say a prayer for the people killed or wounded in Arizona today - and their families. This is such a tragedy . . . my heart breaks.

Labs - can you lead us in a prayer???
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Incredibly OT - but please indulge me. by Harborwitch (I am not going to as...)
Already been at it.

Contrary to earlier reports, Rep. Giffords was NOT killed, but IS in the hospital - obviously in very serious condition. Haven't heard the status of the others - only that there WERE others shot.

Praying for the recovery of all who survived, for comfort and solace for anyone emotionally affected, and for wisdom for the doctors, law-enforcement officers and other members of Congress as they perform whatever they need to do in light of this tragedy.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Incredibly OT - but please indulge me. by labradors (Already been at it.[...)
Rep Giffords is in critical condition - the bullet went through her brain.

A Federal judge, a 9 year old little girl and (I think) 5 or 6 others were killed, not counting all those that are in critical or very serious condition. Of course our best local news channel was too busy broadcasting football.

Thank you for your prayers - this is, I pray, the act of a single deranged person, rather than something worse. My heart is breaking!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Incredibly OT - but please indulge me. by Harborwitch (Rep Giffords is in c...)
It's just incredible that we are here in Arizona when this happend - while the Sheriff was holding a press conference last night he was informed and sixth person had died.

We finally had to turn it off - just too darn emotional. YOu can imagine all regular programming was off for a long time just running this story. I didn't realize Congresswoman Giffords' husband and twin brother are both astronauts.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Incredibly OT - but please indulge me. by cjs (It's just incredible...)
Just tragic. Prayers here as well.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.