Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!!
  Re: (...)
Making eggplant tonite using this recipe http://www.chefwanabe.com/2010/12/eggpla...-sandwich/

wanted to make a nice ciabatta for it and came upon THIS:

http://twospoons.wordpress.com/2010/06/1...-ciabatta/

seemed like 18hr bread in so many ways and yet really fast. They're in the oven right now and looking sooooo good. Will let you know the final verdict
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by farnfam (Making eggplant toni...)
I think you are too, Cis - I think I could do this in the trailer, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by farnfam (Making eggplant toni...)
Can't wait to hear about it!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by cjs (I think you are too,...)
My word...that all looks sooooo good! I wish William liked eggplant. But I'll be trying that bread. I too have been searching for that kind of holey bread.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by Gourmet_Mom (My word...that all l...)
Wow, you really are on to something! That sandwich looks fantastic. Thanks for the websites, Cis!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by Mare749 (Wow, you really are ...)
The bread came out terrifficc!! We loved it. Alot like 18hr bread, crisp outside, could have been a tad more holey but I may have ran it a tweak to long in the FP. I took pix of the loaves but I'm having trouble getting them to load.
The sandwiches were wonderful too, what a great meal
I will be making this again!
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by farnfam (The bread came out t...)
That's like the "Speedy No-Knead" bread.

Jean do you have a "real" oven in the trailer??? We've just got that micro/covect. thing and it is incapable of baking a really great loaf of bread. Grrrrr

Eggplant looks wonderful though.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by Harborwitch (That's like the "Spe...)
Cis, did you mix your dough in a food processor (FP)??

Yes, Sharon, we have a regular stove w/oven - it's a pretty good one, for an RV model.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by cjs (Cis, did you mix you...)
Yes, I always use food processor. I just pulse it a few times for 18hr bread, and I should have done that for this one as well for more holes. It was still some of the best bread I've done
Also, for anyone interested, I egg dipped and breaded the eggplant and oven fried it on sheet sprayed with olive oil. It was crispy and good. I made a spread out of my cheeses and spread on the bread, layered on the eggplant, and topped with the spicy sauce. Heaven!.......and there were leftovers YUM
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Whoaaa, could be on to something here!!! by farnfam (Yes, I always use fo...)
I have mine going now - I had exactly enough flour to do 1/2 batch using w.w. to coat the board. Can't get much easier than this recipe. I mixed in the processor for ~30 seconds.

Got to do that eggplant also, sounds so good. Thanks Cis.

Just took it out of the oven - haven't tasted it yet, but sure smells good. Not as dark as I would have liked, but with the sleezy oven, I'll take it!!
[Image: CIMG0250.jpg]

Now, we're in big trouble - no biggie to make fresh bread in the trailer.......
www.achefsjourney.com