What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for tonight for everyone?

Maybe I'll get some ideas from you all.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I put a pork shoulder in the crock pot yesterday so we had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner. Tonight I will make enchiladas with some of the leftover pulled pork. As a side, avacado and orange salsa.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by chef_Tab (I put a pork shoulde...)
I didn't use the venison roast yesterday, (it wasn't thawed enough) so will use it today. At the moment, it's marinading in some wine. I'm thinking of studding it with some garlic cloves, then wrapping in bacon to roast.

Ron won't be home until later tonight, so I have plenty of time to play. We're getting a good dose of snow right now, so I'm planning to stay in.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by Mare749 (I didn't use the ven...)
I'm going to stick to my resolution to get back to meal planning. Off to peruse some magazines and cookbooks. I'll get back with you later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm going to stick t...)
The weekend shakes out like this --panninis one day for brunch--sauteed cod one evening and a green chili chicken enchalada casserole for the other dinner. One brunch is still up in the air. Bloody bulls both days.

Roy I know you had a bloody this morning--you and Jean have one (or 2?) tomorrow morning with Jane and I. We'll toast the future, or whatever!!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by Old Bay (The weekend shakes o...)
It is leftover night in our house. Leftover snacks, lasagna and soup. Sounds boring, but everything is great!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by luvnit (It is leftover night...)
At this point it's looking like tilapia loins (love the thick loins from Costco) with an herbed buerre blanc, rice pilaf and a romaine salad.
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by Trixxee (At this point it's l...)
Took some halibut out of the freezer. Help - give me some ideas for different seasoning.....please.

Good breakfast tho - Grilled ham, waffles and banana - drizzled some maple syrup inside the banana and topped with some of Barbara's delicious sugared peacans.

[Image: CIMG0245.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by cjs (Took some halibut ou...)
Jean, got any lemon basil? that goes good with fish
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: What's for Saturday's Dinner - 1/7?? by cjs (Took some halibut ou...)
I wound up with some lemon pepper panko recently that's pretty good. When I checked MC, a lemon Parmesan idea jumped out. You might check MC. There were several that sounded good, but a lot included a cream sauce, and I'm guessing that's not what you're looking for.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.