Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro
  Re: (...)
And, what a lunch it was, too!!! I had a Bahn Mi (with a pork pate, aioli and the best ciabatta roll ever - that was oh so wonderful!) Roy had a Meatball Panini, it was good, but... For starters they brought out a trio of Pesto Aioli, wonderful olive oil, and humus - with some of the wonderful breads. They make their own breads, pates, mozzarella...what a great place.

After we were stuffed, Lindsay, our server asked if we wanted dessert - I always want to know what they are offering and when she ended by saying "...and a chocolate chip cookie," I thought, what the heck Roy and I can share a cookie. Oh My Word!!

Caffee Bao Bistro's Chocolate Chip Cookie -
[Image: CIMG0234.jpg]

Guess who finished it - (this will be going on a wall at home!
[Image: CIMG0236.jpg]

And here's a random picture from going out to dinner at a winery with Jane & Bill - forgot to post while we were still there.
[Image: CIMG0214.jpg]

And lastly, Allison (cheesemonger) gave us a jar of the best green chili con queso that I made nachos out of for lunch three times before we were licking the jar!!
[Image: CIMG0224.jpg]

I'll be dragging out every low cal/low fat/low everything when we get home.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro by cjs (And, what a lunch it...)
Ok that picture of Roy I had to show Derek. "See I'm not the only one that does that!!" That dessert we call a Pazooki.

Love the picture of the 4 of you
  Re: Re: Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro by DFen911 (Ok that picture of R...)
I've been making cookies way too small, all these years!

Great photos, Jean. And the the green chili con queso-- would she share the recipe??? If so, please post it.
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro by DFen911 (Ok that picture of R...)
What a cookie!!!! Love Roy!

The pictures are great!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro by Harborwitch (What a cookie!!!! L...)
Vicci, sadly, I didn't make the queso. It's made by Austin Slow Burn. It's a husband/wife team here in Austin. They started making salsas and jams in 1994, won a bunch of awards, and now make even more yummy things like that Green Chile Queso. I love all the stuff they make, and it's a neat success story.

Jean, they also make that Cranberry Habanero Jam from your Christmas loot.
Allison aka Younger Bay
"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude." - Julia Child
  Re: Re: Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro by cheesemonger (Vicci, sadly, I didn...)
Haven't gotten that far yet, Allison. But we sure enjoyed the nachos and those chips are great, nice and thin. Thanks again to our little Texan Santa(s)

Oh, looks like we can all order these goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro by cjs (Haven't gotten that ...)
Sounds like a wonderful lunch!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Lunch at Caffee Bao Bistro by Mare749 (Sounds like a wonder...)
Wow! What a cookie! I can't wait for William to see the picture of Roy...LOL! Too cute! The picture of the four of you at the winery is great, and those nachos look delicious!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.