In 2011, I Will Do This.....
  Re: (...)
What will we all do that is new to us in 2011??

I've been thinking about this all day and what is uppermost in my mind is to understand more of the chemistry/method of baking bread (forget dessert/pastries). I think I learned more from reading the fictional book, "Bread Alone," than I did in my semester of baking in school.

so that will probably be the promise to myself for this year.

How about you'all??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by cjs (What will we all do ...)
Jean, I'd love to read 'Bread Alone', but there are three books with that title listed at B&N. My guess is that the author is Judith R. Hendricks from the descriptions. Is that correct?

I've got to think about what I'd like to try to do this year. I'll have to get back to you on that one!
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by karyn (Jean, I'd love to re...)
That's a great promise to yourself, Jean. I have a fascination with bread baking and would like to learn more about it as well.

My goal for 2011 is to clear out every last bit of clutter from our home. We're giving serious consideration to downsizing in the next few years.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by Mare749 (That's a great promi...)
My goal will be to get the cabin ready to rent, then redo the kids rooms so we have some nice bedrooms for guests. Granted, we have a contractor to do a lot of the work, but I'll have lots to do.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by Gourmet_Mom (My goal will be to g...)
Yes, Karyn, Judith Ryan Hendricks - now, I'm reading her "Isabel's Daughter" with some great references to Mexican dishes...be still my heart!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by cjs (Yes, Karyn, Judith R...)
My promise for 2011 is to send a personal and cheerful hand-written note to someone for a thank you, encouragement, support, etc. Not an email. But a hand-written note.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by luvnit (My promise for 2011 ...)
Laura that is very cool Everyone is so ambitious!!!!! I have a few goals but nothing so wonderful.

The biggest just might be to finally do something with my cooking, art/photography, or writing that will provide some extra income. I'll settle for one of the three.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by Harborwitch (Laura that is very c...)
Sharon, I have always thought you should do a cookbook. Not that I am trying to influence you. But really, you should. You already have the material. You can do it!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by luvnit (Sharon, I have alway...)
Laura you and God have waaaayyyyy too much confidence in me! Actually an idea came to me in a dream last night - I'm going to have to think about it.

My Niece and I have talked about putting together a "family cookbook" which sorta relates. PM coming.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: In 2011, I Will Do This..... by Harborwitch (Laura you and God ha...)
I have to give this some thought. I never set resolutions for the new year because I believe it already sets one up for failure or excuses.

Things I would like to try for 2011 perhaps- more canning and/or try at least 5 new techniques. Not sure what those would be but I am still wanting to do Dim Sum. We shall see. Good thread!