Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner?
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for tonight?

We're having chicken florentine mid-day and Nachos for late night - thanks to the wonderful chips and 'goop' from Allison (cheesemonger) for Christmas.

Went to a Mexican restaurant the other night and had Carnitas and Carne Asada - wow, were they ever big dishes, so had scraped all the l/os together in a take home pkg. Yesterday, I minced all the meat up and mixed all together (rice, beans, tomato, etc)with couple eggs and a little panko. Now I have 6 nice patties that I'm baking two of for breakfast today. They look delicious, hope they taste as good as they look. With an egg on top.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I love Mexican food for breakfast! Sometimes I just reheat refried beans and put an egg on top. Sounds great, Jean.

ooops, forgot to mention dinner for tonight. I am making a soup with chicken sausage (chipotle chirizo), potato, kale, and black eyed peas. Corn bread on the side. The leftovers will be good for lunch if I start my job.....still waiting for the formal offer and start date.
Theresa

Everything tastes better Alfresco!
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by chef_Tab (I love Mexican food ...)
Theresa, it's so good to have you back on with us all!!! Welcome home!

Forgot to mention, I picked up a pkg. of oxtail the other day and I've never seen it sliced before. Guess I'll make some crockpot soup in the next couple days and see what it is exactly....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Theresa, it's so goo...)
We love Mexican for breakfast as well!

I'm doing something I never do - cornish game hens. I'm hoping the skin will be nice and brown and crispy. Red smashed potatoes and steamed carrots on the side.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Theresa, it's so goo...)
Talking about Mexican food reminded me that I have two containers of enchilidas in the freezer. So, we'll have that and a side of red beans and rice along with a small salad with salsa and guac.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by Mare749 (Talking about Mexica...)
Either chicken florentine or spaghetti and meatballs. I'll see what I feel like eating when I get home from work today.
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by HomeCulinarian (Either chicken flore...)
Oh my - if anyone has leftovers from Carnitas and Carne Asada Mexican dinners, you might mince the meat and add everything else from the plate plus a couple eggs, little panko and minced onion and make some patties - these were great!

[Image: CIMG0226.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by cjs (Oh my - if anyone ha...)
I don't know where my head is. I specifically printed this "light" cheesy cauliflower recipe last night to make with the game hens and forgot about it already.

http://foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com/2...unchy.html
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (I don't know where m...)
That looks delicious, jean!
  Re: Re: Tuesday, 1/4 - What's for Dinner? by Trixxee (That looks delicious...)
Yes that does look good Jean. Yum!

Well I am cooking the bones from our Prime Rib the other night to make stock. I have two nice slabs of left over meat and plan to make the Mushroom Barley Soup from the Soups and Stews book of C@H. Adding cut up prime rib for added goodness.

I will make the side of the cucumber dill cream cheese sandwiches to go as a side.

I love this combo together.

Our washing machine is getting fixed today (hopefully) so tonight will be laundry night. A nice pot of soup will be just the thing for a busy evening.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura